PDA

View Full Version : What - I'm starting? June 25 - July 2

alpinerabbit
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I went running twice today.

first with my office mate at lunch, maybe 25 minutes. Not so hard.

I saw a PT this afternoon for my hip. That's why I went running at lunch - he said he might look at me on the treadmill so I wanted to be a bit tired and maybe my form would slack off.
He suggested some exercises but did not tell me I had to stop running.

Off to my Wednesdays group run I was! 10K with two big hills.

Now I am knackered.

Best thing is I met an old friend from school. We both agreed that neither of us would have expected me to be part of a 10 K group.

colby
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Another week already?? ;)

So far, I'm at about 6 miles for the week, which I ran yesterday. It must have been a little less than 6 miles, it only took me 45 minutes. I knew I was pushing, but I don't know if I was pushing 7:30 mile hard. I could see 8:00 mile hard, though. (Honestly, it still amazes me that I can even run an 8:00 mile at all, let alone breaking into 7:30s...)

Today, kickboxing, tomorrow I'll be riding (and swimming or running), and some more variety for the rest of the week/weekend. I have a sprint tri on July 15th, about 2.5 weeks from now. Still debating whether I'll wear my wetsuit (have to practice sprint-fast transitions with the wetsuit), but at least I'll be able to walk to the start. ;)

Nothing like pressing "pay now" to motivate you...

chickwhorips
06-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I got up this morning at 5 am, yes that is correct, and ran 3.78 (I love my forerunner!). Felt so good to go. Beautiful day. Ran around the lake where all the float planes land.

Though the pup wasn't quite sure what was going on. After we were done I got the look of ":eek: what just happened? Aren't I still suppose to be sleeping?" I was giving her the same look actually. :cool:

rocknrollgirl
06-28-2007, 07:25 AM
I did an easy 30 mins this morning, I am still recovering from my race last Sunday. I even left the watch at home, and just ran easy.

Kimmyt
06-28-2007, 08:41 AM
4 miles on Tuesday at lunch

3.8 miles today at lunch on the dreadmill

hr was surprisingly low the entire time (148 at the end) so i think i'm getting used to this running thing

i think i'm at 45/100 miles now

k.

limewave
06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
First run of the week (finally!).
I did a 3.5 mile trail run. I'm tired.

yellow
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I am a huge slacker. Ran on Monday afternoon and...have been mountain biking instead the other days. Taking a little break tonight to go swim with my friend that is as banged up and bruised as me after our way-too-technical-for-me ride last night. Bruise on butt, bruise on quad, cut on calf, chunk of skin out of shin...don't think armour would have saved me, though. :rolleyes: The rubber side down moments were fun...

I hope to run tomorrow!

HillSlugger
06-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Still rehabbing my sprained ankle. No running until next week. :(

lyca
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I ran about 3 miles tonight for the first time in a few weeks. Since I got my bike, usually my preference has been to ride. But, my running shoes missed me, so I tied them on and off I went. I couldn't believe how strong I felt! Now, I'm not a fast runner by any means and I'm often a very lazy runner, but tonight everything just felt so great. It was nice, too, to work my leg muscles in a different way. I promised myself to work running back into the routine.

rocknrollgirl
07-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Four for us today on the trails. Nice and easy. I am working on increasing my mileage, so I am taking it easy and trying not to push too hard on those runs.

Kimmyt
07-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Nice 3.5 ish run today. Went outside with a friend who is a runner and we did some road running with some nice hills on it. Weird. On a bike I hate hills, but running I kinda like them. Anyway, it was nice, we kept an easy pace most of the time, barely got winded until the very end running up a very steep hill into my work complex. I felt a bit like Tarzan running on the roads during lunch. Maybe now I can wear PI shoes :). Also felt nice cause I think my friend was surprised at how fast I was running (not that it was fast, but probably faster than he expected). Also caught up to another coworker and 'picked him up' on the hill. Guess he just couldn't let a girl outrun him. :D