PDA

View Full Version : skorts anyone?

dizze98765
09-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to cycling and have been looking for some actual cycling clothes. I am going back and forth a lot running errands and riding and thought the skorts looked pretty neat. I wondered if anyone has one and if they like them. They look a lot more flattering to me! I was looking at the Terry ones. Any help? Do they tend to run true to size or small or big? Thanks! Danielle

emily_in_nc
09-10-2004, 09:00 AM
I have two Terry skorts and like 'em! I think they run quite true to size (i.e., I'm a size 4P and can wear either the XS or S size). They are pricy but sometimes certain models/patterns are on sale.

Emily

Surlygirl
09-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I have several skorts, the Terry ones which are nice but expensive, the pearl izumi was nice but I ended up cutting the skirt away from the shorts since it was only held by two tabs and am not impressed with the quality. The skirt had threads unraveling and its brand new. I also use regular biking shorts and then put a wrapper skirt over them. MEC makes one (www.mec.ca) that I love, as well as Terry. I've also recently bought a pull on lycra tennis skirt without a liner that I wear over shorts. Just make sure its not tight fitting around your legs. There isn't much to the wrappers, so if you can sew you could whip up a few fairly inexpensively.

Deanna
09-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I love my skorts and find that I'm running more errands on my bike than before because of them. I think Terry has almost all their skorts on sale right now, if you buy them directly from them:

http://www.terrybicycles.com/product.html?c=Apparel&sc=Skorts