PDA

View Full Version : WSDOT bike/walk plan

TsPoet
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
This was posted in my local bike club email newletter, thought it might be of interest to someone here:

WSDOT announces the kick off its State Bicycle Facilities and Pedestrian Walkways Plan update. The plan is an element of Washington’s Multi-modal Transportation Plan and was last updated in 1995. Join WSDOT at one of four scheduled public meetings to discuss the plan, hear the outcome of a recent statewide public opinion poll, and provide comments and feedback. There are four meetings to choose from:
Clark County
Monday, June 25, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Public Service Center, Elections Office
1305 Franklin at Mill Plain,
Vancouver, WA

King County
Tuesday, June 26, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
University of Washington
Gould Hall - First Floor Foyer, Seattle

Spokane County
Wednesday, June 27, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Spokane City Council Chambers
808 W. Spokane Falls Boulevard, Spokane

Thurston County
Thursday, June 28, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Thurston Regional Planning Council
2424 Heritage Court SW, Suite A, Olympia

The State Bicycle Facilities and Pedestrian Walkways Plan will propose a statewide strategy for addressing bicycle and pedestrian transportation including:

Integrating bicycle and pedestrian pathways with other transportation modes
Providing a connected bicycle and pedestrian transportation system through coordination between local governments, regional agencies, and the state
Assessing the role of bicycle and pedestrian transportation in reducing traffic congestion
Assessing statewide bicycle and pedestrian transportation needs
The plan also satisfies the federal requirement for a long-range bicycle transportation and pedestrian walkways plan. For updated information related to the Plan, please call 360-705-7258 or visit the web site: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Bike/Bike_Plan.htm. Comments can be submitted either through the web site or by calling the toll free number: 1-866-375-6729. All comments will be considered in the final plan, scheduled for

bikerHen
06-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I posted your information on my bike clubs web site. Although it's short notice for us in Spokane, it's tomorrow night, I might try to go. bikerHen