PDA

View Full Version : Girls Gone Riding Beginner Rides

luvgr8mnds
06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
For the next several months, we are hosting beginner training rides for women or anyone just getting started. These rides are on Sundays, beginning in Ahwatukee, Bagel Nosh, at 48th Street and Warner, at 6 a.m. We will go 20-25 miles, and depending on who comes, will either do a flat ride or one with a few hills. Everyone wears a helmet and we will check everyone for tires, nutrition and water. Our goal: Getting people into cycing without the intimidation!

Here are the dates:

July 8
July 29
Aug. 5
Aug. 19
Sept. 9
Sept. 16
Sept. 23
Sept. 30
Oct. 7
Oct. 14
Oct. 21
Oct. 28

Email me (Sheryl) if you have any questions: luvgr8mnds@yahoo.com

mtkitchn
06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds great! If I have any Sundays off, you'll see me there!

Kristi
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm interested. I might try and make the 9/9 ride. I'll need some directions and info cause I'll be coming from Tucson.

Another thought - we seem to all be sort of near each other but a little apart. It might be fun to have us all host a ride. For the person in Peoria, they host the ride and we all meet there for a ride. Then someone does it in Goodyear. I seem to be the only one in Tucson, so I could host one here. Etc, etc, etc... We make them short rides so we can all handle it (20-30 miles). And we all work up together.
Just an idea.

I'll get in touch with you about the ride on the 9th.
:p

mtkitchn
10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I think I'm going to try this ride this upcoming Sunday.

jenny2blue4u
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Anyone up to starting beginner rides again but in Tucson? :D I've just gotten back into riding (college did me in for 5 years) and was hoping to get a riding buddy or group. Any takers? I am completely open on the weekends.

Note: I am out of riding commission for two weeks until my new bike comes in (had to trade up and special order a new road bike through Trek as I am a tini little thing :p) but I can be riding hopefully as early as Saturday 3/28/09. This should give time to arrange things. I can do 15-20 miles easily (light hills nothing too extreme - took a beating on Rancho Vistoso) and I am currently conditioning to push it to 25-30 miles by the time I get my bike.

Kim1976
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd like to try, but am kind of intimidated :( what if I can't make it all the way? So, far, the most I have done is 12 miles in a little over an hour.... But that was with my boyfriend who is into doing the distance ones. I think I can do it...

Running Mommy
06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I also lead a womens ride on a couple of Saturdays a month. We meet at Estrella Foothills High School at 6:30 am. Tomorrow is the first ride for this month.
It's an 11 mile loop that can be done once, or multiple times. And there is an "out" halfway through for those that may need it. All levels show up. Some ladies even join us on their comfort bikes.
It's not high stress at all.
So if anyone wants to come to the west side, we would love to see you.

Dogmama
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
If there are people in Tucson that want to meet up, let me know. We can't let these Phoenicians have all the fun!!

badgercat
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm in Tucson! Who else?