PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Gals, Ride to Stillwater 6/24/07

pyxichick
06-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm going to ride out to Stillwater on Sunday morning to watch the Nature Valley Grand Prix. I'd love to have some companions along the way.

I'll be leaving Dunn Bros. on East Lake St. at 9:00 and will take the Gateway Trail out to Stillwater.

This will be a social-paced ride, and we will arrive in time to watch the women's pro race, and maybe even catch some of the amateur time trial up Chillkoot hill.

It's about 20-25 miles one way. I'm meeting friends at the race, and may or may not ride the bike back to mpls.

If you want to ride, meet at Dunn Bros. at 9:00 and look for me in my Velo Bella kit.

Ciao!
Kate :)

madscot13
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Sorry I couldn't go due to speed/ friends slept over (I think I am 12. Who has sleepovers anymore?) Was anyone able to make it out with you?

cinnamon_toast
06-25-2007, 10:03 AM
I was there yesterday, though!! What a GREAT race. I only had time for the womens'. Awesome finish. And the ride would have been the wrong way for me anyway since I live in Stillwater. :D

IntenseRide
06-26-2007, 05:20 AM
I too was there on my road bike! I wish I would have seen your post!

Caecilia
06-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Wish I'd seen your post - I was there with my daughter for the women's race. If you noticed a preschooler with a pink helmet and purple Specialized puppy bike, that was April. She was awed by the race - 'WOW mama, they're going SO FAST!' - but then she got scared by how just fast it was and refused to be in the kids' race. I could not convince her that the kids would be biking much slower than the professional women racers, so we left.

cinnamon_toast
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Caecilia - What portion of the course did the kids do? Mine are begging me to do it next year.

Caecilia
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't know, we left before the kids race started - guess we'll find out next year!

northstar
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey, how about a report from someone who was there? How did it go?