PDA

View Full Version : Almost got hit

coyote
06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Orange vest and all. Stupid driver was driving along in the bike lane. I yelled at em but the driver didn't hear me....just kept driving along in the bike lane. I tried to catch up to the car but I'm not fast enough. I really wanted to bang on the window and yell 'Whats your problem'.

mimitabby
06-22-2007, 08:20 AM
glad you're okay. Every so often the dumb driver gets caught at a light and you CAN catch up. that's always fun

RoadRaven
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Glad its an almost... and you are not posting to tell us either you or your bike have broken bits.

It is good to tell drivers off when you can, but always be cautious... road rage from some drivers can be fatal...

Ann G
06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that nobody sets out to be an *******, but just don't pay attention. I'm glad that you're okay!

agrsgrl
06-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Gotta love how the Tucson drivers use the bike lanes as a turn lane. Glad to hear you are ok!

How do you like this 105 heat we are having now?

lizbids
06-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Be careful catching up with a driver. I gave a nasty look to a woman who honked for me to get out of the way even though there was plenty of room to go around. Later on she sped up, cut in front of me and then slammed on her brakes to try to get me to hit the back of her car. Lucky for me, I realized what she was doing.

Geonz
06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
That's when I would get out the cell phone and at least look like I'm taking a picture or calling somebody - to try to erase the anonymity factor. Tho' if it 's a really crazy person s/he might ust want to destroy all the evidence.

lizbids
06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I hear ya...but I was in a neighborhood where I stuck out like a sore thumb and could have easliy pictured myself getting attacked by more than one person.

coyote
06-25-2007, 11:00 AM
How do you like this 105 heat we are having now?

Hi agrsgrl,
Gotta love the heat! :p But really, I think the humid build up to monsoon is just as bad. Why can't it just start raining and get the humidity done with? Are you riding in this crazy heat? The mornings are nice, the afternoon commute is not :)