PDA

View Full Version : Foxy's Fall Century

Veronica
09-04-2004, 03:42 PM
We just signed up to do this ride on Oct. 16. Is anyone else considering doing it? Not sure if we'll take the tandem or singles yet. The course follows a good chunk of the Davis 200 K brevet. It's got some hills, but nothing really terrible - Cardiac Hill is not as bad as it sounds. :p

V.

Foxy's Fall Century (http://www.davisbikeclub.org/foxys/2004/index.htm)

jobob
09-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Lee and I are talking about it but so far it's just talk. Odds are we'd do the 100K.

xeney
10-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi, new here! My boyfriend and I are signed up for this although I am a really new rider (in fact, I just bought my first road bike today and might still be doing this ride on my old hybrid) so we are only doing the 50K. I am really worried about the bad air quality, though. I live in Sacramento and it is so smoky this week that it's like we're about to have a storm, and Davis is closer to some of these fires.

I haven't looked at the route for the century but someone on another forum said it was going to be very smoky. This could really suck!

Veronica
10-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I found out we were already booked for this weekend. It's the Sea Music Festival at the San Francisco Maritime Park and we volunteer there.

Luckily I was able to transfer our spots to some friends.

The air quality has been rummy this week that's for sure!

Veronica

jobob
10-14-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm not doing it either ....

snapdragen
10-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Me either. Dammit.

jobob
10-14-2004, 07:36 PM
gawd, what a bunch of good-for-nuthins' we are :p

xeney, best of luck on the ride, hope the smoke clears some by then !

SadieKate
10-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Report from Davis -- winds are clearing some of the smoke! I can see blue sky again.

xeney
10-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Oh, that's good to hear! We just took a quick ride out on the bike trail here in Sac and it was beautiful, so I am looking forward to tomorrow.

We are sticking with the 50K but I am going to do it on my new road bike, after owning it for a little less than a day and a half and putting a grand total of 23.6 miles on it. Here's hoping I don't die or anything.