PDA

View Full Version : National Bike Week in the UK...

Python
06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
...and I've hardly used my bike at all:( We've had thundery rain (sometimes with thunder) all week so I've been using the car. Not a happy bunny:(

Woke up this morning and the sun was shining so decided to take the bike even though the forecast for this afternoon was more thundery rain. Just made it home before the heavens opened and it chucked it down. Feel much happier and relaxed now:D

It's been a funny old week so far. Huby had to take cat to vet this morning. She got cat flu last year and after a course of antibiotics from the vet she recovered well except she's sniffed and sneezed from time to time. Anyway, she disappeared for a couple of days (nothing unusual for her as she likes hunting) and reappeared on Wednesday looking a bit sorry for herself and very hungry. We did notice she was breathing through her mouth and coughing a bit. Yesterday she was not a well pussycat at all so we had her to the vet this morning. Vet thinks she's got an infection going on and also possibly an allergic reaction to something and he thinks she could be asthmatic! She's been confined to the house and has to go back to the vet tomorrow. She's coming up for 11 years old, so I hope it's something the vet can sort out.

On a happy note, went with son yesterday to see his Renal Consultant. His consultant said that if the transplant from my brother goes ahead then he expects the donated kidney to last AT LEAST 20 - 30 years:D :D :D In laymans terms, this means that my brother's kidney is a BRILLIANT match for Ian:D If all goes well and my brother passes all the necessary physicals and tests, the transplant will be going ahead in the Autumn. In the meantime Ian's been told to take as much exercise as possible to build himself up for the forthcoming operation. I said we went cycling as often as possible and his consultant said to increase the distance as far as we can. He said we'd picked an excellent form of exercise:D

onimity
06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Awesome news about your son! There are so many things to be thankful for.
And I hope all gets better with your cat! Mine always seem to get sick at exactly the wrong time. Pretty crafty for an animal with a brain the size of a walnut! :)

Our bike week is next week (Colorado is on a different schedule from the rest of the US) and the forecasts predict hot weather like we've been having this week (90F+) plus afternoon showers. The afternoon showers generally start when I get on my bike and end about the time I get home of course...but at least they cool things down! Glad you got at least one good ride in on your bike week though!

Anne