PDA

View Full Version : School's Out for SUMMER!

Susan126
06-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Good morning ladies in the Seattle/Tacoma area!

Hey, this is my last week of work . . . Yippee! The last day of school for students where I work is Wednesday and my last day is FRIDAY! I have been thinking about doing some week day rides (morning) so check back here often and look for my post with info on rides. :D Hope many of you will join me!

To start off I may do my 20 mile upper Black Diamond loop (a bit hilly but managable) or we can make it a 40 miler and do the upper and lower loop :rolleyes: Another favorite ride of mine is a 45 mile Enumclaw to Flaming Geyser to Black Diamond to Ravensdale to Nolte Park and back to Enumclaw ride. Or we can start off easy and meet and do the Interurban/Green River Trail. Another good ride is the one I start in Orting and ride to Eatonville and back (50 miles round trip).

I do not like riding alone. If no one comes I'll just go to my gym and do a spin class on week days and ride on the weekends with hubby and daughter.

So . . . join me . . . I really don't want to go to spin class on a beautiful summer morning.

This Monday of course I have a car appointment. Sigh . . . what a way to start my summer break!

;) Sue

East Hill
06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey Susan,

Teigyr and I managed to do a short trip up and down GRT/IRT this morning, hurrah! Thank you Teigyr! We started at the unholy hour of 6.00 am :D .

I get off work now at 4.30 am, but if you are up to those early morning starts...perhaps we can see about managing something?

East Hill

teigyr
06-19-2007, 10:56 PM
:D Unholy is all what you make of it. It was a lovely ride!!!

I'm off sun-tues and am generally up for riding whenever. I learned I am even capable of waking up early AND I get more done due to having more time in the day.

Hmmm.

:) Jane

Susan126
06-20-2007, 08:49 AM
WOW! You two are awesome! That is early and I bet it was also a bit chilly. Where did you start from/meet up?

You sure had a perfect morning for it! I am getting so excited about summer and riding! My daughter and I signed up to do the MS 150 this September 8 and 9 in La Conner, WA. We are on a team . . . Team's name is CJ's Challengers. Right now there are 9 of us. We have a car wash this Saturday (starting at 9:00 AM) at the Covington Walmart's parking lot. The store will match our donations up to $1,000.00. My daughter is going but currently I won't be there unless I can get out of a previous commitment. Hey if you want to join the team . . . ???? Please do!

My MS 150 Page (http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=3785013&pg=personal&fr_id=2030)

Looking forward to riding with you guys this summer!

Sue

:D

East Hill
06-21-2007, 04:42 AM
We met near the Babies R Us in Southcenter. A bit chilly at first, but the day warmed up quite well by the time we returned. It was a really nice ride :) .

East Hill

Susan126
06-21-2007, 08:24 AM
South Center . . . That's just where I usually turn around and head back. I start from the Super Mall Regal parking lot. In fact my daughter was suggesting we do an IUT/GRT ride after she gets off work this Tuesday. I may just have to do it with her. I'll let you all know if it's a definite yes! I'm sure she wouldn't mind some company besides her mom :p