PDA

View Full Version : anyone in denver want to ride? june 30 - july 7

velogirl
06-18-2007, 04:32 PM
hi girls! I'll be in Denver June 30th (arriving evening) through July 7th (departing evening) and will be bringing a road bike with me. I'll have lots & lots of time on my hands and plan to get a good solid week of altitude training in, so if anyone would like to ride let me know. I don't know Denver so I don't really know anything about routes. I love to climb and am a moderately fast-paced rider but don't need to be a hammer. oh, and I live @ sea level so I'll probably be gasping and slow that week!

Lorri

cindysue
06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
hi girls! I'll be in Denver June 30th (arriving evening) through July 7th (departing evening)i

If only you could come a little sooner you could join the BTC clan. Are you training for the Death Ride?

p.s. bike fit is great! Thanks!

velogirl
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah, the final race of the mtb series that I'm leading is on the 30th so I can't leave before then......and I don't think the "new" Mr. CO would be crazy about me riding with the "old" Mr. CO for an entire week (although I think I'll ride with the "old" once or twice while I'm there).

I'm registered for the Death Ride -- will probably do it but we'll see what happens with my schedule.

glad the fit is working for you, Cindy. did you get the new bar?

IFjane
06-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I, too, will be in Denver soon. Arriving July 5, departing July 18. Will be doing lots of altitude riding, including the Triple Bypass. I'd love to meet/ride with some of you locals! (oh, and I am also from sea level and am pretty darned slow at altitude)

velogirl
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Hey, Jane! If none of the locals are game, ping me -- you and I could ride together.

IFjane
06-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey, Jane! If none of the locals are game, ping me -- you and I could ride together.

Sounds good! I will definitely do that.

solobiker
06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
HI there. I live in the Denver area. I am not sure if I will be in town then as DH and I are trying to plan a backpacking trip. There is lots of great riding here. I used to ride a lot but then hurt my back in 2000. I am just recently getting back into it. If I am around and you don't mind an easy day let me know!

IFjane
06-20-2007, 07:45 AM
solobiker - disregard my question in another thread (where in CO do you live)....you just answered it! I'm always up for an easy day so you may just hear from me. Not sure what my schedule is right now but riding is a daily part.

solobiker
06-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I would love to do the triple bypass. This year I am not in that kind of shape. Maybe next year. But let me know if you want to try to ride when you are in town. where are you going to stay?

HappyAnika
06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I am NW of the Denver area. I will be mostly tied up with my in-laws visiting that week (and I'm much more of a moderate-slow paced rider). I'm not familiar with any riding in or around Denver, but if you don't mind a short drive I can direct you to a lot of great foothill/mountain rides near my neck of the woods if you are looking for route suggestions.

So much for our cool spring, it's now been ridiculously hot with no relief in sight. As if the altitude wouldn't be enough, now everyday is in the high 90's. :eek: :mad: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

solobiker
06-20-2007, 02:33 PM
IFJane, I also want to say I love your signature line. I had such a crummy day at work and was just surfing around and read it. It made me smile.

solobiker
06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi HappyA, I live in NW Denver too. If you are ever looking for a riding partner let me know.

IFjane
06-21-2007, 06:22 AM
I would love to do the triple bypass. This year I am not in that kind of shape. Maybe next year. But let me know if you want to try to ride when you are in town. where are you going to stay?

I will be staying with my son. His apartment is at 2200 Market, near Coors Field. He races and knows lots of routes both in the city and in the mountains. He has lived in Denver for a year now - he lived in Breckenridge for six years prior and still has a house out there. Unfortunately (for me), he PUSHES me when I ride with him :eek: ....and then I start whining.:rolleyes: His office is in Broomfield.

solobiker - I have never attempted anything remotely like the Triple so we'll see how I do. I plan to leave the start as early as they will let me. Coming from sea level, once I get over 7000 ft. I have to slow way down in order to breathe! Hopefully I can make it to Avon before dark.

I'd love it if we could all hook up and go on a ride. It would be even better if we could do it when velogirl is in town. Let me know what you think.

HappyA & solo - you both live NW of Denver....where?

Oh, and solo, thanks for the compliment on my signature line. I love that quote, too. It keeps me going when I am having a rough day as well.

onimity
06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

I live in Boulder and would love to ride with any of you if you get up this way. I'm not a particularly fast/skilled rider (have had my road bike less than a month) but my sister and I ride both days of the weekend (trying to get better at climbing!) and I ride a good chunk of the Morgul Bismark loop every day on my commute...some nice hills there! I'm happy to show you the rides that I know or I'd love to explore some new rides too.

Anne

solobiker
06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Jane, I probably don't live to far from your son. I live on the west side of I-25about a 10 min bike ride to REI which is just up the street from Coors. I would love to ride with you guys. That would be fun!

HappyAnika
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Morgul-Bismarck! Ouch! :eek: :eek: That's some pretty advanced riding for having your bike less than a month!

Solo: I am NW of Denver, not NW Denver, closer to Onimity. Oh my, if I lived 10 min from REI, that would be baaaaad!

I'll pm you guys, I'm a little paranoid of discussing particulars on a public forum.

MyOrbeaDiva07
06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi, hope you are having a great summer so far riding in the Colorado Rockies. I am having a bit of an issue with the heat lately. It came upon us quickly after a long, cold winter and a wet, windy spring.. but I hope I can get it together in time for the MS 150 ride July 7th & 8th. Do you train with a group? I am in the Rocky Mountain Cycling Club.. RMCC... but only train with them when they have rides in my area.. Can't see driving to Boulder to ride when I can jump on the C-470 trail near my home and ride to Chatfield/Deer Creek Canyon and beyond. If you are interested in riding sometime let me know. I average about 18 mph.. and faster on the flats.. All bets are off on the pace in 90 + degree heat.. just have to do it at that point and not sweat the mph thing... Ginger

IFjane
06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Jane, I probably don't live to far from your son. I live on the west side of I-25about a 10 min bike ride to REI which is just up the street from Coors. I would love to ride with you guys. That would be fun!

Oh ok! I know we ride through the city to REI to hit the Cherry Creek bike path....but beyond that, I'm lost! (well.....not once I get INSIDE REI! :D :D )