PDA

View Full Version : The Little 100 - No not the real one!

Eden
06-17-2007, 07:36 PM
We have a silly silly race out here named after the original (which btw is actually the Little 500)
Its a race for sure, but costumes are mandatory (we did a beach party theme complete with water wings and straw hats strapped to our helmets) and one of the heats I particpated in is run on old (and some fairly new) cruiser bikes, the other on single speed coasters that are only a little more advanced. It's also a relay race with teams of 4. I did two races - one the co-ed cruiser race and the womens race.
It's all around goofy fun. I did the first race with my husband and two of our respective teammates as the co-ed team had to be 2 men and 2 women. Everyone had to conform to me- being the shortest member of the team - so picture my 6'4" husband on a bike with a saddle adjusted so that I can reach the pedals.... Even so we did great and came in second right behind the Lucha Libre wrestling team - complete with capes and masks :p
I also did the women's race, in which we finished 6th I think, out of 7.. but this is all silly fun anyway. One of my teammates had the great idea that next year we should do a "strip poker" team - find some nude colored body suits and at each bike switch you take off an item of clothing until we get down to the body suit and some sort of outrageous g-string....
I know there will be pictures - when I find some I'll post the link!

Zen
06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
This sounds like a blast.

Fut it would be five hundred times better with picturespicturespictures!!!

Eden
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
As soon as someone posts pictures I promise a link!

Eden
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Some photos of the festivities :p
http://www.wheelsinfocus.com/2007/little100.htm
my team has on the straw hats

p.s. while this was silly- it was by no means easy......

ohmyspokes
06-20-2007, 05:08 AM
That looks like an absolute blast.