PDA

View Full Version : Specialized FSRxc vs. Trek Fuel EX 5 WSD

Cardijn
06-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi, I am a new rider kind off:confused: , because I am away most of the year, so everytime I hop on my saddle I am a new rider all over again. But my 03 Specialized Hardrock got stolen 2 days ago, I am now in the market of yet again another one, can any of you please tell me your opinions on these bikes and which one do you think I should buy. I am buying one tomorrow, since I only have about 3 weeks on land to ride.

SPECIALIZED FSRxc Women's vs. TREK Fuel EX 5 WSD:cool:

:eek:

emily_in_nc
06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Buy the one that fits you best!

Emily

fatbottomedgurl
06-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Well, my 2 cents since you ask. Both those bikes are at the bottom of the line. I don't think the forks or the rear shocks are spec'ed very well, and that's why you buy full suspension. I ride a Fuel EX 9.0, which is a sweet bike, but I betcha the 5.0 weighs a ton more and those components aren't great. The same goes for the Specialized. Since you have been riding a hardtail, why not stick to that and invest in the higher end model? Like the Trek 6700 at $1000 gives you a good fork, decent derailleurs, hydraulic (not mechanical) brakes and probably lighter weight. Or a Specialized Hardrock Pro which is at $800 bucks and decent spec's. I know you are buying the bike tomorrow, and of course fit is important, but if they have a hardtail that is not WSD they can probably make some adjustments with the stem that would set the bike up for you. I think WSD in MTB's is not nearly as necessary as in a road bike (and not everyone needs WSD- I hate it). Also would rather ride a good (light) hardtail than a lousy (and heavy) full sus.

Cardijn
06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Well, I went ahead and bought the Specialized FSRxc,:p I went riding on it 4x already, it is just too bad there are no rocky mountains here in Virginia Beach. or Oceana and Norfolk:mad: either hehehehe, so I just go dirt biking to a flat ground like first landing or Back bay. ful sus is awesome, less pain on my buttom:D . I have 1 more week to ride and then off my new bike to storage for 7-8 months along with my motorcycle and car.:(

I love the sus lock out, I do not miss my hard tail all that much, very light for me to lug around, swift on switching gear, way better than my hardrock pro hardtail that got stolen from me.
:eek: