PDA

View Full Version : Thwarted! (Brooks whine)

KnottedYet
06-16-2007, 03:13 PM
About a month ago I ordered a Brooks B67 in honey leather for my gold Waterford. Today while I was at my LBS ordering a taller stem for my darling new utility bike (Surly Cross Check) I asked about the Brooks.

Darn thing never got ordered.

Bummer.

Zen
06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I would have asked about it before that. When I really want something I bug them about it and usually have it within a week. I really like my lbs guy.

boy in a kilt
08-19-2007, 06:01 PM
About a month ago I ordered a Brooks B67 in honey leather for my gold Waterford. Today while I was at my LBS ordering a taller stem for my darling new utility bike (Surly Cross Check) I asked about the Brooks.

Darn thing never got ordered.

Bummer.

Go to Aaron's Bicycle Repair in West Seattle. He has or can get them.

KnottedYet
08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
That was a while back. The saddle came in a week or two later. I haven't been to Aaron's, but I love his website! Someday I want to get an Xtracycle, and I'll probably have Aaron's do it. (he did one for a friend of mine)

boy in a kilt
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Aaron gives a discount for bringing beer in. Hint, he's a sucker for Bison Chocolate Stout. Central Market has it. I introduced him to Obsidian Stout on Monday. Just for grins, bring in a six pack of PBR and tell him a dude in Bothell said he'd like it. He'll probably know who you are talking about.

I borrowed an Xtracycle from another buddy for a while. Put a stem and handlebars on the seat post so middle tiger could sit on the back. He loved it.

My only criticism of the Xtracycle is if you are carry more than about 30 or so pounds, you can feel a little flex where the XtraCycle is bolted to the frame. When/if we can afford it and have the space, I'm shooting for a Big Dummy.

KnottedYet
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I was wondering about the flex, and wrote to Xtracycle to ask about it.

I take beer to my guys at Recycled Cycles. They treat me right...:D

The first Big Dummy prototype looked great to me, but the 2nd prototype just doesn't thrill me. I guess I'll have to wait to see what the actual Big Dummy looks like. I'm pretty bummed that the Kona Ute isn't compatible with Xtracycle accessories. Thinkin' I'll end up making a Kona Smoke into an Xtracycle. Eventually.