PDA

View Full Version : Plantar Fasciitis (sp?)

spokewench
06-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, I have not been diagnosed by a doctor, but I am positive that I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I have read up on it and am trying to do what you need to do to control it, i.e. ice, ibuprofen, stretching, wearing shoes with good arch support, etc.

Anyone out there know good stretches?

spoke

Wahine
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
This is such a common problem that I posted a general info thread a while back. It has some links to stretches.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=15318&highlight=Plantar+Fasciitis

Hope that helps.

spokewench
06-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Wahine: Thanks that is just what I need - those are great tips and I will add what I am not doing to my routine! I will get this thing licked soon.
Thanks for the great info!

DDH
06-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I have orthotics for mine but I believe that the left one is not exactly right. I'm not sure that they are all they are cracked up to be. Sometimes I think I have paid a lot of money for something that seems to make my left foot hurt worse. Be carefule about those if you get them. I have paid a lot of money for something that I'm having a hard time getting the hospital or makers to get correct.
I do the icing, and streches and I think it is getting better, but man it takes a long long time. I wonder sometimes if my feet will ever be the same again. Of course my weight does not help I am sure.
The doctor did give me a cortizone shot in my foot the last time I went and man that was like a miracle for about a month. It was great. I know you can't get those real often though.
Good luck to you, I know from experience that this can tend to be very painful at times.