PDA

View Full Version : Holstein Hundred

snapdragen
08-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Let's see if this works for me.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/show.fcgi?t=slideshow&ID=181443434&key=MNWUHZ

Veronica
08-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Very nice album! Thanks for sharing.

None of those hills looked familar to me from last year's ride. Maybe I've repressed those memories. :p

V.

emily_in_nc
08-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Nice shots!

Where was this ride? It struck me looking at the pictures that except for the occasional leafed out green tree, it looked like NC in the winter - so brown! We've had a very wet summer this year so everything is so green - grass, fields, farms. It was so odd to me to see these brown landscapes at the same time of year! Has there been a drought there, or is this the way it always looks? (NC has looked like this in the summer when we've had droughts, but not this year!)

Emily

Adventure Girl
08-30-2004, 09:52 AM
MOOOOOO!!
Looks like fun!:D

snapdragen
08-30-2004, 05:14 PM
It was in West Marin county, No. California. Brown is pretty normal for this time of year - our green season is in the springtime.

Originally posted by emily_in_nc
Nice shots!

Where was this ride? It struck me looking at the pictures that except for the occasional leafed out green tree, it looked like NC in the winter - so brown! We've had a very wet summer this year so everything is so green - grass, fields, farms. It was so odd to me to see these brown landscapes at the same time of year! Has there been a drought there, or is this the way it always looks? (NC has looked like this in the summer when we've had droughts, but not this year!)

Emily

KkAllez
08-31-2004, 05:27 AM
Great photos! Thanks for sharing

fasteryet
08-31-2004, 06:52 PM
nice to see the other side of the country :D