PDA

View Full Version : Rain 2007

HoosierGiant
06-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Anyone riding RAIN this year?

SR500
06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
DH is going for his first RAIN, I'll be driving his SAG wagon.

HoosierGiant
06-10-2007, 06:07 AM
That's wonderful, SR500!! DH rode his first RAIN last year; the girls and I were his PSV (personal support vehicle). I thought it looked like so much fun, I vowed to ride this year. (What was I thinking?!) He'll be riding with me this time around, and it looks as if we'll be riding unsupported. Definitely doable, but it'll be hard knowing there won't be anyone I know waiting for me at each stop. Friends of ours will take the girls to the finish at Earlham, so that's a definite plus -- I guess if they have to be only one place, that's where I'd want them. :)

Have you served as support before? Familiar with the course? Questions? Feel free to e-mail me. We live 5 miles north of Knightstown, so we are quite familiar with the stretch of U.S. 40 from Indy to Richmond. (That'll be the hardest part of the ride for me -- resisting the temptation to just head for home from there instead of continuing on for the last 33 miles!)

Wishing the two of you smooth roads and a tailwind!

SR500
06-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks, about once a month he'll ride into Henry county to train. We tandem a fair bit, but currently my limit is about 50 miles. Have a great time with your DH.

TrekJeni
06-12-2007, 07:34 AM
There's a contingent of us coming from Cincinnati. It will be my second. Last year we did it in 12:41, this year, my teammates and I are hoping for a sub 9 hour finish. It will be tough but that's our goal!

You should have fun. I just hope it's not as hot as last year. That was brutal.

Jeni