PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 on steep and cheap!

Sheesh
06-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey commuters! Steep and cheap has the large Timbuk2 bags up for $31.88 right now.

Check it out: www.steepandcheap.com

GLC1968
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I just came here to post this exact thing! I just ordered one and with shipping it was only $39...still a huge steal. :D

oxysback
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Score!! Since I've been commuting to work I've wanted to get a messenger bag. Hopefully it'll be better than the sling-style backpack I've been using that scoots around to the front if I pedal hard.

Thanks for posting the link!! :D

onimity
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much! I needed a good b-day present for my sister. :)

Toni
06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I have not ever used that site....but when I click on the link I get womens running socks...not a messenger bag.....how do you shop on this site???

Sheesh
06-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Steep and Cheap only sells one product at a time, in limited quantities. When that product sells out, they change to another item. So, the Timbuk2 bags are gone, and now they're selling running socks.

To see what items you've missed throughout the day (and torture yourself!), check out sacattack.com.

teigyr
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Smartwool socks! I ordered some :D

It took me a while to get the hang of the site but they only sell one thing at a time. If you see something you like, get it immediately! They ship VERY fast and the customer service is great. I ordered something and they shipped the wrong color (fortunately DH liked it anyway). When I e-mailed SAC, they responded within 10 minutes.

Thanks for the heads-up on the socks though.

bouncybouncy
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
The site will have one item at a time (some having various sizes/colors) at steep discounted prices. Once the item is sold out another item is listed...addicting for those like me who work (unsupervised) on a computer all day long....:eek:

hehe...I got the pink/strawberry (matches my mini timbuk bag for a complete luggage set!!!) OH BOY!!!!

oxysback
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Shew! Looks like I got lucky. Glad I ordered right away!

teigyr
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
...addicting for those like me who work (unsupervised) on a computer all day long....:eek:

Yeah, I second that. If I didn't work, I wouldn't need to work :p

Tri Girl
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
DANG IT!!! I missed it, but would've LOVED it (it's even cooler than the one I ordered and I hadn't taken the tags off so I could've returned it). DANG! :mad:

uforgot
06-08-2007, 04:25 PM
DANG IT!!! I missed it, but would've LOVED it (it's even cooler than the one I ordered and I hadn't taken the tags off so I could've returned it). DANG! :mad:

Tri Girl: I ordered one, had an error and it told me to try again, so I started over, and wound up with two. It's the red and burnt orange one. If you want one of them, let me know.

oxysback
06-12-2007, 07:01 AM
I got my bag yesterday...quick shipping!

I was alarmed at how huge it was when I unfolded it, but I love that it has inner comparments for cell phones, wallets, etc. I used it on my commute this morning and I love this bag!! With the side strap it doesn't shift around like my sling-style backpack did. And even though I had a lot of stuff in it, it didn't feel heavy.

Very sturdy, quality material. Two thumbs up!!

And another plus...the color isn't as hideous as I thought it would be...hehe :D

mtbdarby
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I got mine but I'm not seeing a side strap (or a strap to go around the waist). Am I missing something? Figuratively or literately:p

I'm not sure I like it yet...

oxysback
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
I got mine but I'm not seeing a side strap (or a strap to go around the waist). Am I missing something? Figuratively or literately:p

I'm not sure I like it yet...

I had to search for mine, too. Check the inside zipper pockets. :)