PDA

View Full Version : Utah - companions or tips

hipcanucky
07-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Any Utah locals or fellow travellers care to join me sometime this summer biking in Bryce, Zion or Moab. Not a professional, just a 25/f beginner mountain biker who has her heart of seeing these stunning landscapes via bike! Anyone whose biked here before can share their thoughts, ideas and experiences, would be most welcomed too!

Juliette
07-05-2002, 11:53 AM
I would recommend deferring the Moab portion of the trip until about October. Summers there are hot. I've been there several times in October and aside from being a little windy,the weather was good.

April and May are usually good also. I went over Memorial Day weekend (last Monday in May) this year, good weather, but it was just too crowded on a holiday.

A couple of good guidebooks on the place:

Above and Beyond Slickrock - Lists almost every ride and additional info like geology of the area.

Rider Mel's Moab Guidebook - Smaller than Above & Beyond, but I liked this one better because it gives a rating system of the rides. Arbitrary, but at least you can compare rides you are planning with ones you have already been on.

pennys
07-07-2002, 07:27 AM
Over The Edge bike shop ought to be a great resource... but you know, you might want to wait until the summer heat breaks to do desert exploring.

penny