PDA

View Full Version : Philly Pro Race!

NJBikeGal
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
This weekend is the big Philadelphia Pro Race! Woo hoo! I'm excited as this is the first time I'll be getting to the race to watch, despite having lived in the city for 7 years! Not only that, but my team will be helping out in the feed zones, etc., so I'll really get to see the race!

For anyone who makes it downtown for the races on Sunday, check out the Keswick Cycle/Sturdy Girl Cycling tent on/near Lemon Hill! I'll be there...cheering on the ladies and my boys from CSC! :D

Kalidurga
06-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Working in the feed zone sounds like a fun experience. Having all those bike whoosh past so close... Very cool! Give us a report after the race, ok?

NJBikeGal
06-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Whooshing bikes...OK...now you're making me nervous! ;)

I'll be sure to give everyone a post-pro-race wrap up! I'm really excited because J.J. Haedo (CSC) is racing...as are Kristin Armstrong and Ina Teutenberg! My team is hosting one of the pro teams, so we are taking them on a preview ride of the course on Saturday, so I'm hoping to get to ride the Manayunk Wall for the first time! Yippee! Plus, I'm excited to have a weekend off from racing myself! :p

NJBikeGal
06-11-2007, 06:50 AM
What a blast this weekend was! Wow! We had a great time up on Lemon Hill, cheering on the girls from Ultralink and the boys from CSC! As I predicted at the start of the race on Sunday, J.J. Haedo came up with the win! My first pro race is ended...what a great time. Next year, y'all will have to meet us on the hill for some beer and burgers!

Kalidurga
06-11-2007, 08:23 AM
You got a great shot of Haedo! I just read the race report at Velonews and it sounds like an exciting one. Next year, I may just have to take a road trip to Philly :rolleyes:

7rider
06-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Nice pix.
When I saw the CSC invitational, I was really surprised at how much fun it was go watch these kind of races. The race itself was fun, but so was the people watching and checking out the sites around the race.
Glad your guy won!