PDA

View Full Version : Not as friendly here in Va

logdiva32
05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I have been riding to school here around Hopewell, VA. They are absolutley not road friendly. I do not se any other cyclist here. What is up with Va?

dingster1
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Honey I hail from down south of you in South Hill, in Md by way of the military. Guess I won't bring my bike out that way to ride then. Have you gone out Danville/Martinsville way? or up further to Northern Va

mimitabby
06-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Logdiva, you left the state of Washington to go to Virginia?

Hey Dingster, is it better where you are?

F8th637
06-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Not all places in Virginia are like that. Up in the Northern Virginia area I see a ton of cyclists. Maybe you can start a trend down there in Hopewell.

divingbiker
06-01-2007, 07:05 AM
I have been riding to school here around Hopewell, VA. They are absolutley not road friendly. I do not se any other cyclist here. What is up with Va?

Hmmm...they're going to have to get used to cyclists, since Bike Virginia (http://www.bikevirginia.org/2007/schedule/) is spending a couple of nights in Hopewell later this month!

IFjane
06-01-2007, 07:53 AM

logdiva - please don't lump the whole state together! Up here in Madison we are definitely cycling friendly, as are many other parts of the state.

Are you visiting or have you moved?

Fredwina
06-01-2007, 08:21 AM
logdiva,
have you looked at the local clubs website (www.raba.org)?
I've riddden a loop around the Peterburg Battlefield ,which wasn't bad (but that was 8 years ago)
RABA had a Thursday evening ride near the Richmond airport, The also have occasional rides starting from Wakefield, which is just down the road. This assumes you have access to a car.

Kalidurga
06-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Ooooh, a Petersburg loop. I love riding civil war battlefields up here in MD. I'm gonna have to see if I can find that route...

logdiva32
06-01-2007, 01:44 PM
well, I found a new, less dangerous route. Still got cars 3" from me.... I am here for 2 months. Hoping to ride around DC one weekend soon, to see the sights. I will be in upper marlboro in a few hours, anybody up to show me around by bike Sat morn.
I have checked RABA before I came, thanks for reminding me.
I will need to look up the battlefield route. I ran in the battlefield this morning.

Still scared but, can't resist this great weather, you have here.

mimitabby
06-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey, Logdiva, we're having great weather in Washington state too :D :p

logdiva32
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Hmmm...they're going to have to get used to cyclists, since Bike Virginia (http://www.bikevirginia.org/2007/schedule/) is spending a couple of nights in Hopewell later this month!

wish I could jump in for just a day!!!

surgtech1956
06-01-2007, 04:19 PM
They're not very friendly here in Michigan either.

7rider
06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
... I am here for 2 months. Hoping to ride around DC one weekend soon, to see the sights. I will be in upper marlboro in a few hours, anybody up to show me around by bike Sat morn.

I see you posted in the ride thread, too.
Hope you can join us on the 23rd. Should be a fun way to see the D.C. sites!