PDA

View Full Version : We run - L & LLRs May 28 to June 3

Wahine
05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
OK, so I know that some of you have already posted in last week's thread, but I thought I'd start a new one for this week anyway.

My big news... I have hardly been training at all in the last few weeks. I'm spending too much time at work and working on getting my house together so we can move in officially this weekend. Wooooo Hooooo.

I did get a decent trail run in today, 1:08 but it was really slow because my legs were like lead, my calves tight like piano wires and it was HOT!!

Well time to get back at the training consistently. IM ain't gonna do itself.

Have fun running ladies.

tattiefritter
05-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Really struggling to get my running or bike shoes on and get out the door at the minute. Had a long weekend which always disrupts my routine and have just felt tired and unmotivated, then checked my calendar and I'm PMSing and am supposed to be heading into easy week anyway! Hopefully by the end of the weekend motivation should be in full force again. My rib injury has messed things up royally and is still there though is now very localised, still hurts a bit though and am a bit wary of running on it. I seem to have aggravated it again by a couple of nights of sleeping on my front for some reason and it still hurts most when lying in bed.

As I appear to be drifting aimlessly I've found some trail runs/walks (trying to persuade a non-running but hillwalking friend to do them with me) and road 10K s to start prepping for, the first one in September, that should make me pull my finger out.

rocknrollgirl
05-31-2007, 10:38 AM
We are supposed to run today, but it is really, really hot, so we will see. Right now I am sitting in the air conditioned building. I am sure it is going to feel just peachy when I go outside....I will report back later. Swimming outside in the bay sounds like more fun.

Tri Girl
05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Haven't been posting on this thread in a long while because my running... well, my running is almost non-existent. Does running 1 or 2 days a week really qualify me as a runner anymore? ;) I only run to finish tri's nowadays. I'm like you tattie- just unmotivated.
Ran the trail today for 40 min. First HOT day of the year and after encountering 4 armadillos, a handful of frogs, 2 snakes, 1 turtle and some sunburned shoulders I called it quits.

I keep reading this thread hoping it'll get me motivated. Instead, I just live vicariously through your runs as if they are my own. I ran today so I could finally post here again. You ladies are awesome, and inspiring, too!

colby
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Lazy Colby checking in, too! I took Monday and Tuesday after my HM off, did turbo kickboxing yesterday (the squats were "fun"), and yoga this morning. I'm hoping to get back on the bike or run with the dog tomorrow, and do a brick this weekend. :)

Keep up the good work, ladies!!

rocknrollgirl
05-31-2007, 04:40 PM
We went, 4 miles, it was freakin' hot and humid and I almost stepped on a snake, and then DH broke out in hives so bad I had to take him to the ER.....
Should have gone swimming......

yellow
05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
We went, 4 miles, it was freakin' hot and humid and I almost stepped on a snake, and then DH broke out in hives so bad I had to take him to the ER.....

! ! !

10 years from now he'll say "remember that time you tried to kill me on that run?"

I did my first run in a week this evening because, well, I've been having too much fun mtn biking in southern Utah. I thought I'd feel like a million bucks since I should in theory be "rested" but the uphill was hard. Really hard. I felt much better once the slope mellowed out. I ran a new trail that looped into one of my familiar trails for a total of 7.75 miles. I probably won't get to run for a few days since my good friend SadieKate will be in town and we'll be riding our bicycles (Little Red Saturday and mtn biking in Park City Sunday). :D

I don't think that I'm running enough to be able to do the local trail mary in August. Oh well. Maybe next year.

colby
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM

DOH! :eek: :eek: I hope he's okay!

I guess that's one way to keep your heart rate up....

kelownagirl
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow, what happened to make hm break out in hives?!

I did my long run today. Added another .5km to last week's run and did 6km. I am trying to do 2 regular 5k runs (or 1 as a 3k brick), and one long run each week. It seems like Thursday is working out well or the longer run. 39:42 minutes.

rocknrollgirl
06-01-2007, 01:51 AM
We have no idea what happened to cause him to break out in hives. It has never happened before, and they said it may never happen again. It was something to see. In the space of 30 mins he was covered, they became macerated. We got home from the run and I was giving him antihistamines and he turned around and I saw his back and said, back in the car we are going to the hospital.

Poor guy....although every doc and nurse that came in complimented him on how fit he is! Training with the silly triathlete wifey!!!!!

tattiefritter
06-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Feel in "need" of a run today (which is always a good sign), last nights yoga session really perked me up, she focussed on hips and as I'm tight as a drumskin there I really felt the benefit and am surprisingly not achy sore this morning and pelvis feels correct (hard to describe but it feels good). I packed all my running kit ready to get out at lunchtime and have thoughts to myself of doing some intervals to make it count, its a gorgeous day here, blue sky and sunshine. Gets into work and I've got to attend a meeting at 1pm and I can't get away from my desk to run until 12:15 at the earliest, Nooooo! :mad:

So, I'm now sat here deciding what to do - my choices are 1) do nothing, no way! 2) Get changed and run after work around my lunchtime route then go home, boring or 3) Get changed after work, drive to the trail I keep meaning to run on then go for an easy run on the shady forest trails only but not head up the long hills much - yay :D a plan!

I want to do a hilly trail run/walk (walking is allowed right, Yellow?) with my new trail shoes over the weekend so best not kill my legs today.

I was invited on a long hill walk with some friends tomorrow that I was excited about until I realised carrying a rucksack would mean the straps constantly pressing on my sore rib/chest area all day, so have decided not to do it. I can get away with carrying my Camelbak MTBing as the riding position stops the straps pressing too much but standing around too long with it on still hurts.

limewave
06-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Back to the thread after a break :)

I did a 6k trail run last night: 1:05. Oh, it was hilly. The first loop was TOUGH, all up and down sand dunes. I ended up doing some walking. The second loop was hilly but at least it was firmer ground.

I'm hoping to do an 8 miler this weekend. We will see. There are so many training opportunities and so little time. I want to run, mountain bike, get in a road ride AND go to the triathlon training session our local running store is hosting. What to do, what to do. I wonder if DD would sit still in a little floaty boat so I could tow her while I get in some swimming time?

RedCanny
06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I too am back for my not-so-often post: I ran 3 miles yesterday at about a 9 minute mile pace. It was nice switchup from the slower 6 mile trail run I did on Monday-that's the furthest I've run in many years.

I have an 8k road race this Sunday! I'm a little nervous about the distance; I didn't really do any special training plan for it, aside from doing some longer runs 1-2x a week, since my 5k race in late April. Hopefully my bike commute today and maybe a swim tomorrow will be sufficient "tapering" preparation.

kelownagirl
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
rnrgirl - I read online that people can have exercise-induced anaphylaxis. Can't even imagine how you'd cope with that...

rocknrollgirl
06-03-2007, 07:47 AM
4 miles in 34:30

I was supposed to do a brick yesterday, but after three hard hours of mt biking in really hot weather, nope, did not happen. So I ran this morning instead on the ROAD, lord help me....what is the world coming to.

KSH
06-03-2007, 08:37 AM
4 miles in 34:30

I was supposed to do a brick yesterday, but after three hard hours of mt biking in really hot weather, nope, did not happen. So I ran this morning instead on the ROAD, lord help me....what is the world coming to.

Dang that is so fast!

I did 4.25 miles in 46 minutes the other day! I can only dream of your speed.

rocknrollgirl
06-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I do not think of myself as fast for several reasons:

1. We usually only trail run, slower than running on the roads, and we usually run for time, as exact mileage is often hard to come by.

2. I run witha man that is 6'6" tall and has long legs

3. I live in the land of really fast runner, family members, track athletes, I am surrounded by them.

So somebody thinking this "nonrunner", is speedy is kinda nice.

Kimmyt
06-04-2007, 06:40 AM
OK I can finally post in here again. I have... not been good. I got really excited when it got warm enough to cycle again, and almost completely dropped running. It slipped my mind then and before I knew it, it was 4 weeks since my last run (:eek: ).

This weekend The Boy and I were out in Indy at his family picnic, and chatting with his sis, who totally inspires me by running the Indy mini-mar every year and finishing verry well. She took this year off due to a knee problem, but usually finishes top 10 or so in her AG and she owns a gym and well, pretty much I just wanna be here when I grow up. So she is starting a women's running club in her small town and will have a virtual running comp to run 100 miles during the summer, so The Boy and I signed up (he is boasting that he will proudly wear the Bedford Women's Running Club tee we get if we complete the 100 miles...so darn cute). So that means I have another reason (besides the fact that the tri is creeping up and less than a month away!) to start running again.

We ran a measly 2.89 miles the other day in some midwestern midmorning heat (yes, apparently there are hills in Indiana!) and I was dying. Today and yesterday my legs felt like lead. What conditioning I had has gone away completely. So now I feel like I'm starting all over again and I've only just done this to myself, but with some training in the next few weeks I know I'll be able to get back into shape.

So, 3 miles down and only 97 to go! Whoo!:D

(what have i done?)

RedCanny
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
KimmyT- well, at least you've been cycling, that's good. Perhaps it was a good time off from running, for your body.

Way to go, getting out for a run in the midwestern heat. Once the summer gets going, I only like to run early in the day, when it's still (hopefully) cool & the humidity isn't as oppressing. Make sure to eat something after your runs; it can really help stave off the lead-legs feeling!

KSH
06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I've been reading the thread... just too lazy to post.

Last week I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, 4.25 miles outside in humidity and 85 degree heat, and did a 20/3 brick (bike-run) in 90 degree heat.

All and in all my running is coming along solid.

And I won't want to jinx myself... but I haven't had the tightness in my lower legs for a good couple of weeks now. WOO-HOO! I just might be turning a corner with my running.

KSH
06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
My big news... I have hardly been training at all in the last few weeks. I'm spending too much time at work and working on getting my house together so we can move in officially this weekend. Wooooo Hooooo.

Congratulations on the house! I know how much you have saved for it... and what a huge deal it is.