PDA

View Full Version : intro and thanks

biknjen
08-21-2004, 09:37 AM
times new roman largw
I'm brand new to this forum/chat business so I hope I doing it right. Just wanted to thank everyone for their great questions (most of the same ones I needed to ask) and all of the people who give back such terrific responses. I'm learning SO much just reading all the 'treads'.
I'm ready to go clipless and also looking for shoes. I'll be taking my bike back to the shop to get the fit checked and talk to them about positioning my foot on the pedal. Thanks again.
biknjen

KkAllez
08-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the board. I like this board as I can generally get my questions answered doing a search. I am in nursing school and don't have much time to be online so I tend to lurk more than post as it might be a week or so before I can find time to come back and read any replies. (any time not spent studying is precious biking time for me)

As for clipless go for it! I spent years mountain biking then switched to road biking. I immediately tried clipless and cannot imagine ever riding again any other way. I love them. I use a kind called Eggbeater. Hubby and son use a different type; I'm not sure what they are called but more traditional looking. Everyone seems happy with what they have.

biknjen
08-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Yep, I guess what that's what I've been doing most....lurking. Sure have learned at lot. I have heard of eggbeaters. I'm almost sold on shimano. I can't wait to get started. I've already got a big expanse of soft lawn picked out to practice on. :O)
How far along in school are you?? I'm an RN, still working at the bedside and I love it. Good Luck!

KkAllez
08-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Ha! I'm online two days in a row...could it be that someone is studying for finals and is SICK of studying!

I'm finishing my first semester of LVN school. It is a 12 month program. Then I'll go on to university for the RN program. It was cheaper to do the LVN here in the small town I live as I will have to drive 70 miles one way for the RN. That means only one year of traveling versus two. I was in RN school in 1996 and was in a really terrible car wreck. I decided after that to just wait until our son was older. Right now school feels like boot camp. The intensity is unreal. But I have a good core group of friends and we are all really pulling for each other. I love it! Especially clinicals. I can't wait until I am an RN.

Getting used to clipless is really quick. You probably won't need but a few seconds try out on the lawn and ready to go. We put our 16 year old son into clipless yesterday for the first time, also first time he was on a road bike (he is BMX and mountain bike background) and he did really well.

The other day I had brain fart and panicked and but in the panicking stage my shoe popped off the pedal quite nicely. I don't know what happened. I was circling in the driveway really slow and just lost momentum or something and was tippling over, panicking because I was stuck on the pedal but in the process I guess when you panic your foot just twists the exact way to come out of that pedal.

Good luck!