PDA

View Full Version : conditioning

axelrox
07-01-2002, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I have been a biker for some time now, though only seriously in the last year. I had just geared up to start commuting when I had an accident and broke my wrist. I am unable to ride for at least another 3 weeks and have been off for 3 weeks already. Although this is extremely dissappointing to me, I plan to stay fit and get back on as soon as possible. I am presently using my nordictrack to stay in shape. I was wondering if any of you might have more suggestions of exercises to help not only keep me in shape but keep my spirits up as well? Thanx in advance and I look forward to learning as much as I can about biking from this site!

pennys
07-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Hiking. Hill hiking is a great way to maintain and stay in shape.

penny s

axelrox
07-07-2002, 05:54 PM
thanx penny....nice to finally hear from someone. sandy

Dogmama
07-07-2002, 06:15 PM
If you have access to a spinning class, that might be a good way to keep in shape.

roadie gal
07-11-2002, 08:26 PM
How about using a stationary trainer on your bike? That way your body stays in tune with your bike's geometry.

ayermail2
07-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Try looking into the Wharton's Stretch Book
or The Pilates Body by Brooke Siler

(although neither one is really aerobic activity, they are both beneficial....)

Let us know how "back in the saddle again" goes...:)

axelrox
07-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm impatient to get back out there...summer in Oregon is short and I'm missing all the best biking weather! This Sunday I'm taking an easy 10 mile linear trail ride with a running friend. I can't wait! Wish me luck! And thanks for the support.

Sandy