PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Bothers

admiral finch
08-19-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm the cycling leg of a team triathlon coming up this weekend (woo!) and I've been training pretty hard for the last two months. 11 days ago I sprained a muscle in my neck while on the bike and took a week off for recovery. It's healed nicely, but I've got a new problem occuring- my bicep on the same side as the injury has not been happy this week. The sensation is a dull ache, almost a throb, in any position, but particularly while I'm on the hoods. My boyfriend is also a hard-core cyclist and knows a lot about injuries. His advice was to ride light, but as far as I can tell I'm doing that. I might be tensing unknowingly for the fear of reinjuring that left side, but I'm trying to keep the energy going to my upper body to a minimum. Any advice? Anyone ever had a similar problem? My bike is fit for me, and we're doing a new fit after the race.
Thanks!

Irulan
08-19-2004, 09:52 AM
what does your trainer/sports physician say?

Waverly
08-19-2004, 10:09 AM
I have heard that a deap massage can do wonders for your muscles you may try that?

Jessica

admiral finch
08-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I saw my chiropractor about this. The adjustment that she made helped alleviate some of the pressure, that and I massaged the arm. I was overcompensating and putting too much weight in my hands.

I haven't ever seen a sports doctor, but I am going to look in to getting one.

As for deep tissue massage, I tried that about a month ago and it felt wonderful, but I don't think I'll do it again in conjunction with weekly chiropractic visits. It really threw my body out of whack.

Thanks!