PDA

View Full Version : Aline Insoles?

Aggie_Ama
05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Anyone given these a try? I went to have my bike fitted today and these were recommended to help with foot pain. They have a money back guarantee, so I figured I couldn't lose. At $50 I am hoping they will offer improvement!

Aggie_Ama
05-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Aline recommends you only wear the insoles for one hour the first day. We did 15.1 miles and my right foot was really hurting. My left foot has been the problem child, but today it was happy. The right foot pain was the exact pain my left foot had; I know they shifted my left cleat over but I need to drop back in and see about the right one. I think the 83% humidity was the main culprit and that if my feet hadn't been swelling it would have been better.

Tomorrow we will do approximately 30 miles to keep with Aline's recommendation of slowly building on the time in your shoes. I am still very hopeful that these will help! :o

Aggie_Ama
05-27-2007, 02:09 PM
We did 31.84 miles today with the Aline insoles. At two miles I was ready to throw in the towel, but I loosened my shoes and gave them another shot. Apparently I am my own worst enemy with these things. I love a very snug shoe and tighten my Sidis to the end of where the can go, but with the Alines I noticed significant numbness and pain.

After I loosened the shoes, I noticed a significant improvement in power transfer using the Alines. DH and the LBS noted I pedal improperly (toes down) and I have been working on my pedal motion; if I stop pedaling with the heel down the pain returns. BUT if I wear the shoes looser and pedal right- these things make me faster!!!!

liberty
05-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Aggie_Ama, keep the updates coming! I've been having foot numbness for awhile, and your posts are giving me hope.

Aggie_Ama
05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Liberty- They are getting better!! It might be worth looking into a shop that carries them and discussing your issues. The price is a little hard to bear ($49.99) but the company offers a 30-day money back guarantee; so it would be worth a shot. Here is the company's home page: http://www.aline.com/welcome.html

Today we only had time for another 31 miles. I paid close attention to how tight my shoes were when I put them on. For the first time in a long time I rode 31 miles pain free!! I was a little slower than yesterday but there was a little more of a headwind. We did not have to stop once for a shoe adjustment. Next weekend I plan to log some long rides and really see if these things are worth their price tag. I am very optimistic. ;)

ridebikeme
05-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Believe it or not, I have used these since last October. I actually do custom ski boot fitting, so I also sold them all winter long as well. They definitely are worth the investment, and can also be used in many applications. I also use them in my snowboard boots, hiking boots, and many golfers use them as well. The only issue that I have seen is that they do not fit in some shoes(cycling), but I would without a doubt recommend them!

keep me posted as to how yu like tem over time...

Torrilin
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
We did 31.84 miles today with the Aline insoles. At two miles I was ready to throw in the towel, but I loosened my shoes and gave them another shot. Apparently I am my own worst enemy with these things. I love a very snug shoe and tighten my Sidis to the end of where the can go, but with the Alines I noticed significant numbness and pain.

That's pretty common with new orthotic wearers. Any kind of insole changes how your shoes fit. In fact, if you're using an insole or orthotic with a woman's dress shoe, you have to buy shoes to fit the insoles. A lot of 'em are designed so the shoe won't stay on your foot if you have proper support!

Try testing that you can wiggle your toes comfortably and arch your foot inside the shoe. If the ball of your foot is broad, make sure there's a bit of room so you can roll your foot inside the shoe. It doesn't need to be a lot of movement, but you need space for BLOOD. Also check that the heel is cupping your heel correctly. Too tight and too loose both lead to blisters, and they can make it feel like you need the entire shoe to be tighter. I've got broad heels, so a lot of women's shoes just have the wrong heel shape.

Oh, and this may sound odd. Check how your *socks* fit. Your socks should be nice and skintight, with enough stretch so they don't impede blood flow. If you like tight around your feet, having a good sock fit might make it easier to loosen up your shoes.

Aggie_Ama
05-31-2007, 06:01 PM
ridebikeme- I am glad to hear you have had experience with these. They are continuing to get more comfortable. I think after we put in 100+ miles this weekend I will be able to confidently say I like them.

Torrilin- The sock part is good advice. I wore socks today I never had a problem with before, but they do not work with the Alines.

Todays ride was awesome! Another 30 pain free miles, with only one stop to adjust those stupid socks. It was a really fast ride too. It may be in my head but I swear these things are making me faster. :D :D

Torrilin
06-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Having a good orthotic does make me faster. Measurably. Admittedly, my feet and legs are pretty messed up :). But if it can happen to someone like me with weird bone deformities, I wouldn't totally discount it for someone "normal".

ridebikeme
06-02-2007, 03:08 AM
I'm glad to hear that they are gettting a bit better! They generally do get better over time, and our feet get accustomed to them. They are definitely different than any other type of footbed/orthotic...they support the area in three different areas of the foot.

Keep us posted!!

Aggie_Ama
06-02-2007, 10:03 PM
We did 57 hilly miles today and NO PAIN!!! When I got off the bike my feet hurt slightly, but not on the bike or once I put my regular shoes on. We are doing another 50 miler tomorrow. I am very happy with the improvement from these insoles! :)

Aggie_Ama
06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I have been wearing the Alines for close to a month and they are very comfortable now. My foot pain has been relieved and I now know how to put my shoes on. I have done three 50 milers and a few 30 miles. I just hope they cause no issues on my 7/15 century. :)

Aggie_Ama
09-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I have been touting these lately, so I thought I should say they were worth the price. Three centuries down and no major pain. We are riding an average of 100miles a week and my feet are staying comfortable. I am really happy my LBS recommended them. :D

knapplaura
09-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Amanda,
Did your bike shop adjust them for you? Where did you get them at? I have family in TX and will be there over the holidays.

I have seen where you can order on the web, but think maybe I should try to find a dealer who can adjust them instead.

thanks,
Laura

liberty
10-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, I got a bike fit on Wednesday, and he put Aline insoles in my shoes. So we will see how this goes! I"ll keep you posted.