PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newbie!

SnappyPix
08-18-2004, 03:54 AM
Hi everyone

I joined a couple of days ago, and have been having fun perusing the boards.
Thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm thrilled to have discovered the forum and look forward to being part of the gang!

I've been into cycling over the past 15 years or so, sometimes more seriously than others. For the past couple of years I've discovered the addiction of spinning and now cycle everywhere (including to work and back). I love my bike(s)!!
My other half recently dug out my old featherlight road bike from the garage and completely revamped it. I'm now a very happy bunny! Have one for commuting and one for fuuuuuuuuuun!
I've now completely rediscovered the sheer joy of flying down country roads at the crack of dawn, with the wind in my wheels and a grin on my face!
Loving it! Just disappointed I didn't get more in training earlier in the season, rather than when the days are starting to get shorter! I'm averaging about 100 miles a week at the moment, but want to do lots more, especially at weekends.
How frustrating is it, on warm sunny days, when you're stuck in the office - and you could be flying on your bike!

I've a stack of questions to ask (mainly technical ones about gear ratios, etc. as I'm thinking of expanding my two-wheeled collection), but I'll check out the boards first, as I don't want to annoy everyone by asking a question that's already been answered!

So hello to everyone - hope this messages finds you all happy and healthy and having fun out there on your bikes!

SnappyPix xx
:D

Adventure Girl
08-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by SnappyPix
I've a stack of questions to ask (mainly technical ones about gear ratios, etc. as I'm thinking of expanding my two-wheeled collection), but I'll check out the boards first, as I don't want to annoy everyone by asking a question that's already been answered!Welcome to the board. That's a great idea to check out the board and search a while. Lots of questions and topics have been covered. There's lots of information in the history of this board. But if you post a repeated question, it won't kill us. This is pretty much a non-flame zone. Most everyone here is pretty friendly and supportive.:p

By the way, just to get you started, here (http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gearing/index.html) is a great resource with loads of info about gearing.

MightyMitre
08-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Hello - another girl from the UK! Welcome Snappypix.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There's a wealth of information here just waiting to be unleashed.:)

SnappyPix
08-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, and the link - lots of useful info on there!