PDA

View Full Version : what a lucky day

mausland1981
05-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Today seems to be a very lucky day, i took my bike near my town and tried to adapt more with it.
I think i still have to train how to shift the gears , getting up on the saddle isn't a big problem at all. I did 55km in 2h45 min it's not that fast at all since i had trouble shifting to make it faster. I have Giant TCR compact with 10 speed and 3 shift in front so i've got to find on how to handle it . The rest was awesome. :cool:

LBTC
05-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Congratulations, Angel! That was quite a distance! Is this your first ride on your new bike? Keep riding and you will find the shifting gets easier and the road kms' just start to glide underneath you!

Hugs and speedy butterflies,
~T~

mausland1981
05-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks LBTC actually it's not my first rides- my first 2 rides with this bikes was in a flat surface so didn't have problems i had 75 km and 40 km with average speed of 25- 26 . That was okey , then i've tried to ride on roads with traffics and some climbs well i don't the othjer cars it's just im too nervous with the bike itself.
I used to ride a trekking bike but then it's much heavier and you need to do alot of work.There i've riden for more than 3000 kilometers and i've did also my first 100km . I named that bike panthyra a black panther, the other bike is Ginger because she's cool and metallic red.

Congratulations, Angel! That was quite a distance! Is this your first ride on your new bike? Keep riding and you will find the shifting gets easier and the road kms' just start to glide underneath you!

Hugs and speedy butterflies,
~T~

Zen
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I need to learn metrics :(

mimitabby
05-24-2007, 08:02 AM
if you do a google search for convert.exe you will find 2 programs. one is religious. The other, which is usually a free download will convert all sorts of things, ounces to milligrams, kilometers to miles, feet, whatever. I have it on all computers that i use.

Mausland, do you do all your riding in Luxemburg?
You sound like you are doing just great! and welcome to TE!

Torrilin
05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, google will convert for you. No need for a separate program :). Searching on "55km to mi" gives a first hit of 34.1754156 mi, then a more normal set of hits to other sites. You can do the same thing with quite a lot of other units. Very handy if your brain is programmed in English system. Or in metric.

My brain does both, but it kind of half-asses it. Some things I can only work in metric. Others I can only work in English. And some I never know quite what units my brain will use.

RoadRaven
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
If you need to do a quicky conversion and dont have google in front of you, just remember 1.6 and remember kms are always a higher number than miles.

Use the calculator on your phone or watch... and you can go convert-crazy...

20miles x 1.6 = 32kms
(you multiply because the kms will always be a bigger number)

20kms / 1.6 = 12.5miles
(you divide because the miles will always be a smaller number)

Its not perfect to the fraction of the mile or kilometre, but its pretty close.

mausland1981
05-25-2007, 06:06 AM
THANK YOU mimitabby , yes i used to ride here in luxembourg sometimes i passed the border like belgium , france since i live in the south of luxembourg, to go to germany the easiest is through remich/moselle river between luxembourg and germany.
I really loved cycling it's different from other sport hopefully i can join a womens club so i can ride with them as well but here it's more men riding than women. There are certain club but most of the members are teenager or youngster.
Riding solo isn't that bad at all, it helps me take away my everyday stress. We'll see in year 2008 i want to see myself in better shape.

if you do a google search for convert.exe you will find 2 programs. one is religious. The other, which is usually a free download will convert all sorts of things, ounces to milligrams, kilometers to miles, feet, whatever. I have it on all computers that i use.

Mausland, do you do all your riding in Luxemburg?
You sound like you are doing just great! and welcome to TE!

mimitabby
05-25-2007, 06:09 AM
Mausland
I have a cousin in Belgium. I wish she rode her bike!
If you don't find girlfriends to ride with, at least you can find us here.
And some day; who knows, i might be in your neighborhood!

keep riding and enjoy TE!

mausland1981
05-25-2007, 06:28 AM
I've got some girlfriends but none of them are either don't know to ride a bike nor not willing to ride with me. I used to ride a scooter too so i love everthing that is fast and comfortable.
Well maybe i'll be in US this year or next year but i'm not sure if i'm going to bring the bike. If not its okey but i will buy some new cycling jerseys over there - i always had a problem in buying clothes here in luxembourg because it's all big and expensive too.
happi riding to you too

Mausland
I have a cousin in Belgium. I wish she rode her bike!
If you don't find girlfriends to ride with, at least you can find us here.
And some day; who knows, i might be in your neighborhood!

keep riding and enjoy TE!

mimitabby
05-25-2007, 06:30 AM
mausland,
if you come to the US, let us know. There is someone on TE in every corner of the US. I know I'd love to meet you. We have TE reunions all the time. and as for bikes, sometimes they are really expensive to ship. maybe easier to rent or borrow!

mausland1981
05-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Sure, no problem i will be coming anyway with my fiancé and since he's a cyclist too sure why not.

If will get a job as soon as possible i guess it will be okey , we have to see our holidays when can we leave here because i'm excited too to go somewhere else than europe.

I will keep in touch in this site and will share to you as well my small bike trips here in luxembourg.

Don't forget to watch the Tour de France via televison - ive already watched couple of live bike races here in europe - in belgium : Liège-Bastogne-Liège and Ronde Van Vlandeeren
cool

mausland,
if you come to the US, let us know. There is someone on TE in every corner of the US. I know I'd love to meet you. We have TE reunions all the time. and as for bikes, sometimes they are really expensive to ship. maybe easier to rent or borrow!