PDA

View Full Version : **Wednesday Weigh-In**

MKEBuckeye
05-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Okay, ladies! Time to "weigh in!"

I am -2.5. I've had a cold for a few days, though, so I haven't been able to eat much. Either way, I'll take it :)

catherinetnc
05-23-2007, 07:24 AM
-1.5. but I'm sure it is temporary water weight

Tuckervill
05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
I took a long vacation and fell off the wagon big time, and then I was really busy with baseball. I thought I would be gaining, but I have not. One thing I did was move my full length mirror back into my room, so I look in it all the time instead of only when I think to go in the other room and look. (There's no good place to hang it in the really short-ceilinged rooms in my century-old house.) I had a cruddy diet in the last 7 days, eating a lot of potato chips, etc., but I did buy a new bike and I've been riding it. Sooo, guess what? All of that and TADA...

I'm down 2 lbs since I left on vacation! yippee!

Karen

divingbiker
05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Down 3, which is amazing because I've done no exercise since my crash on Sunday.

mudgirl
05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Down 3.5 this week, though I think some of it is from the week before, since I maintained last week, and I felt really bloated last Wednesday.

Oh, AND I totally blew away my 20 mile goal for the week. I got 42 miles in!!

pastrypam
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Got rid of 2 pounds. Hooray!! Was pretty good on my diet, lots of vegies, protein and fruit and did not taste too many of my dessert experiments.

Rode my bike Thurs., Fri., Sun, & Tues. 80+ miles. Things are slowing down at work so I have more time now.:)

Looking forward to next week's weigh in.

Good luck everyone!!:D :D :D :D

rebran
05-23-2007, 10:51 AM
:o same as last week. . . .

Good job everyone!

Bikingmomof3
05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I have no idea where I posted, but I am certain I did.:confused:

Down 1.5 (really more than I wanted, as it should be at max, .5 a week) and about 6.5 to go. (For those new, I have been losing weight for 2 years now, so it has not been a rapid weight loss :o )

Great job everyone!!!! :cool:

Running Mommy
05-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Last week I lost 3, this week ZERO so far! But my usual weigh in is Friday. Maybe a miracle will occur in the next 48 hours. :D
My body really is a fickle creature!

Bikingmomof3
05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Running Mommy my body works that way as well. Hang in there. :)

ShubieGA
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
-1 this week, -3 total
69 miles riding and 1 yoga class - I am so glad there are no cameras! :o But it feels good to stretch!
My bike has been in the LBS since Monday (fell with clipless - more like slow motion tumble when my chain caught), so I will have to make tracks this weekend. The poor LBS, I called today to check if she was ready early - just in case!

Keep it up everyone!

btchance
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
no weight loss this week, but no gain either. great job ladies

kelownagirl
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I think I've gained a pound this week but my body is out of whack so it's hard to tell if it's going to stay or not. I won't get irritated for the moment. :)

Over50Newbie
05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I am down 1.5 this week. 0 last week.

At least it is starting to go in the right direction.:)

Lynette

Jones
05-24-2007, 02:21 AM
I am down 1. I have been losing weight since January and have lost 26 total the first 20 flew off, now I really struggle for every pound. I really hope to be able to put up a few 2 pound weeks before July.

Good job on the weight lose or not gain everyone.
Jones

horsemom
05-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I am down about 4 this week, and only one pound from my first goal. This makes 27 pounds lost since the first of the year. I really thought I had hit a snag, but had a busy week and was surprised to see the scale down. I think I will keep it up and go another 5 past my first goal.

On a roll and it feels great!!!

Laura

FrannyMae
05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey all! Great job with the weight loss and meeting all your goals. I met most of mine...I biked 46 miles (goal 50), did drink more water (but not as much as I would like!) and lifted weights two times. I'm content with that...it is so much better than past weeks, and I have to make small changes if they are to "stick!"

For the current week:

Bike 50 miles
Lift 2x
Increase water consumption
Take a healthy lunch to work 4 days out of 5

I figure if I keep adding smallish goals on a weekly basis that before I know it, I will have revamped my life! ;)

Way to go, everyone! Good luck and happy riding this week!

Ellen

pooks
05-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I logged in the wrong thread, I think.

Down 3 this week! Yay!

RoadRaven
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
hi ladies, I don't usually join in these threads, because i am only weighing myself monthly and have no specific goal as in "x kgs per week/month"

However, I would appreciate your advice/opinion.

I have been weighing myself at the start of each month - about 5 days before my period.
My period has arrived early this month, so have not stepped on the scales. i know we are supposed to retain fluid to some extent at this time of the month.

So my question is... when is the "best" time of the month to weigh ones-self?
half way through a cycle? Just before your period? Just after?

Your input greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Melalvai
06-03-2007, 05:13 AM
So my question is... when is the "best" time of the month to weigh ones-self?
half way through a cycle? Just before your period? Just after?
I like to weigh myself daily and record it. I have a software that calculates my moving average, it's how banks calculate average balance or something, it's not a straight average but weighted. A low or high number today doesn't actually affect the moving average very much, but low or high numbers for several days will. I feel it gives a more accurate picture, and I like how a high number one day still shows up as an overall weight loss.