PDA

View Full Version : Velo Girls cycling boot camp, Woodside CA

jobob
08-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Thought I'd pass this on ...

Velo Girls has just announced their very first cycling boot camp, beginning on September 7th [correction: Sept. 14th]. They hope this program will grow to more locations, more days, and more times in the future.

It will be for six weeks, Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 6:30am to 8:00am in Woodside, CA. Cycling, strength, and flexibility work in each session.

This boot camp is open to all interested women, but Velo Girls is offering a special discount to anyone registered with the velo girls team for bike against the odds.

Early-bird registration deadline is September 1st, but space is limited.

More info at http://www.velogirls.com/fitness.html

spazzdog
08-16-2004, 08:33 AM
This would be the moment that I wished I lived in CA...

i wonder if my roomate would mind me disappearing for 6 weeks... during a just beginning kitchen remodel/add-on... with 3 dogs to manage during the uproar.

NOT a good idea I'm guessing.... boo-hoo :(

Trek420
08-16-2004, 11:27 AM
spazzdog wrote"i wonder if my roomate would mind me disappearing for 6 weeks... during a just beginning kitchen remodel/add-on... with 3 dogs to manage during the uproar...."

details, details, details, besides, it's not 6 weeks, you'd only have to be in CA on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, could fly back in between then. Just think of the frequent flier miles you'd get ;-)

spazzdog
08-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Trek420 wrote:

you'd only have to be in CA on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, could fly back in between then. Just think of the frequent flier miles you'd get

My bank acct just screamed OWWWIE!! :eek:

Better my bank acct scream than me when my roomie throws me out on my hiney, thus making me scream OWWWIE! Gotta stay home this time, crackin' the whip over the contractor. He said 8 to 10 weeks, so by golly this project will be done in 10 weeks max if I have to swing a hammer myself.

Maybe next summer...

Trek420, will Mae let me sleep on your sofa for 6 weeks? Me and my bike... and a large suitcase. I'll bring doggie treats :D

Trek420
08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
spazzdog wrote: "My bank acct just screamed OWWWIE!! :eek:

......Maybe next summer...

Trek420, will Mae let me sleep on your sofa for 6 weeks? Me and my bike... and a large suitcase. I'll bring doggie treats :D "

Mae would welcome a friend with doggie treats, give me a years head start and I might have the condo clean by then ;-)