PDA

View Full Version : mumble, mumble

lph
05-21-2007, 03:13 AM
nothing really wrong, just feel like griping:

- the spring on my rear derailleur shifter handle is broken, so after shifting I have to push it back with my thumb. It flops around and rattles when I go over bumps. I don't know when I'll have the time to fix it.

- ditto for the spring in the buckle of one of my shoes - still works but it makes a h*ll of a racket

- tried to fix my umpteenth flat this weekend, but only had fat mtb inner tubes. Tried to squash one of them into my skinny tires, but it just oozed out between the tire and rim. So now I'm riding a fat monster tire in front and a skinny slick in back. Narrow tubes for 26´wheels are a bear to get hold of over here - everyone either rides 28´ road tires or 26´mtb tires.

- and when I inflated the fat tube appropriately the brakes dragged on the tire. And I didn't have any tools handy, so I just had to let some air out. Wobble wobble, smoosh.

Mumble, mumble, I just wanna go ride my bike and have everything WORK! mumble, mumble.

Oh, well, the weather's nice, at least.

Geonz
05-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Snork!!! I hear ya... I hate it when I get "behind" on the Stupid Little Maintenance things. It has a whole lot to do with riding a lot, though, which is of course a GOOD thing... (I have a terminally stuck seat post, so I can't raise the seat... gotta remember to call and get that disk brake caliper protector... got gloves yesterday but dang it, somehow I only had one on my hand when I got home from the assorted errands :( hoping it's in my bags somehwere...

mimitabby
05-21-2007, 06:24 AM
i hope you find a nearby LBS soon to solve some of your problems!

bikerchick68
05-21-2007, 11:27 AM
isn't that just irritating???:mad:

I was riding a month ago and unclipped and my entire cleat fell off into the street! :eek: :mad: I have new ones now... at least the local shops here are well stocked... I can't imagine if it was hard to get tubes...

can you order those online somewhere? man, if I found them, I'd stock up! hope you get everything running well again soon...

lph
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks all :)

Feeling better now - went to my LBS, and got not only two of the right tubes from a very cute and serious guy who knew what he was doing, but I also got a hiya and a friendly whistle from the mechanic guy who knows me, well my bike at least, far too well. This is a really busy shop, so it made me feel all insiderlike ;) And cute guy then showed me around all their cool expensive cyclocross bikes that I can't afford, and didn't treat me like an idiot for not knowing anything about road bikes.

And I booked a dr.s appointment for the shifter, so mechanic guy gets to mess around with my bike a bit more. All will be well!

Wonder if I can get him to fix the buckle on my shoe... :p