PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Vitesse

smurfalicious
08-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I just got this saddle yesterday and I am in love!!! I just bought my very first bike, well, my first um "real" bike and the seat that came on it was horrible! Sure, anything was better than than what I had been riding on my brother's full suspension mongoose, but this thing was a beast! It was too wide, too flat, and the fabric was miserable, it would "stick" on my butt.

So I started looking around and the catalogue selection seemed intimidating. The saddles at my local shops were either pure race, or pure cush, or too similar to my existing miserable seat. Then I found out that Jimena Florit rides the same Fizik saddle and figured hey, why not? A mountain bike chick who seems to have a decent set of hips oughta know what a mountain bike chick with generous hips could use!!!

I scored my Vitesse on ebay for about $60 including shipping! Sure beats $130!!! There's a lower end version of this saddle, but the cheapest I found it for was $80. I was pretty stoked when it came. I had to pick it up at the post office, and of course I ripped it open immediately. Everyone at the post office thought I was nuts. They looked at me like, "why would you have that shipped, you can buy those at the sporting goods store?"bSilly people!

Aaanyway! I took her out last night and it felt soooo good! There's this gel in it down the nose that "Ys" a bit into the seat itself. It's supposed to relieve pressure and boy does it ever! I had a blast on this seat, I really feel like I could "use" it to steer, climb, and park my hiney. At the same time, it was just wide enough that it didn't hurt. The saddle that came on my bike was too wide to have control, but as I bailed down the last hill, I grabbed for the seat with my legs and was pleased with how it felt. Climbing up hills I was able to easily, um, stick it where the sun don't shine and it didn't feel all that bad.

Sooo yeah, I'm in love. I love my bike, it makes me so stupid happy even if I'm the crappiest excuse for a mtn bike rider. Now I'm saving my pennies for my Candy SL pedals. They're blue, and they match my bike! =) Aye, but not until I get my pretty dragonfly stained glass jersey. Nothing wrong with feeling pretty, right?

love and cookies
-smurf

emily_in_nc
08-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi Smurf!

Glad you like your new saddle. Just wanted to say that I have the Candy SL pedals in blue and love 'em (they match the handlebar tape on my new Bike Friday - I'm a roadie). I got them on eBay for a really good price, and they were brand new in the box, so make sure to check there for those too. I saved a lot!

Emily in NC

fasteryet
08-16-2004, 12:13 PM
~thread hijack~

Emily, tell me about your Bike Friday. They look like such a great idea for travel. Do you take a lot of trips with it, or just use it for your regular bike? Which one do you have?

emily_in_nc
08-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi fasteryet,

I just wrote a review of my new Bike Friday (I have the Pocket Crusoe model) on girlbike.com, so check it out as you'll find tons of details there. :) I got it mostly for touring, travel, and "lifestyle rides" like running errands with a trunk pack or panniers. I use my carbon bike (Aegis Swift) for fast club rides, events, etc. They both serve their purposes very well!

Sorry for the thread hijack, Smurf!

Emily

fasteryet
08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Smurf- Hope you continue to enjoy your new saddle.

Emily- Great review. Please let us know how it works for you on long trips.

DeniseGoldberg
08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
fasteryet -

I have two Bike Fridays - a Pocket Rocket that is configured as a road bike, skinny tires, all Ultegra, and an Air Glide that is configured for touring with a mix of Ultegra and XT components. Both are dynamite bikes, and I've traveled by plane with both of them (separately though, since I can only ride one at a time!).

If you're interested in my touring experience with my Air Glide, I've kept journals of all of my bike trips up on
crazyguyonabike.com (http://www.crazyguyonabike.com) . I'll put the links to each tour here in case you're interested in a specific location in addition to the bike!
2002 cross-country trip, Boston to Oregon (http://denise2002xc.crazyguyonabike.com)
2003 around the Big Island of Hawaii (http://denise2003hawaii.crazyguyonabike.com)
2003 Ireland (http://denise2003ireland.crazyguyonabike.com)

If you have any specific questions about the bikes I'd be happy to try to answer them based on my experience.

Pedal Wench
08-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Smurfer,

I've got that saddle on two of my bikes - love it! Got the stained-glass-dragonfly Tiffany jersey (and shorts and bra) and love it too! Hey- that purchase is what turned me on to Team Estrogen!