PDA

View Full Version : If you have to buy something online

sklarewc
05-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I subscribe to the philosophy that we should all support our LBS, but sometimes you just can't. I wanted to buy a pair of Ritchey evo handlebars in size 38cm, but the supplier (QBP) that EVERY single local shop uses--and most online vendors, too, for that matter--didn't carry these bars in this size. So I called up Ritchey, asked them what the deal was, and the guy on the phone ("Patrick") was really helpful . . . he suggested I arrange to get them thru "GottaRideBikes.com" and said they'd go the extra mile for me. I knew they didn't have this size on their website, but I called them up, and--sure enough, they were great. They offered their 15% off first-time-buyer deal,(or price-match, they said they'd do whatever was lower), and free shipping, too. I don't have the bars yet--this all just happened yesterday--but I'm so impressed with the service they provided, I wanted to pass it on. On their online order form, they ask you if there were any products you wish they carried, too--which I take as an indication of how willing they are to listen to the customer.

LBTC
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Good tip!

Please post about the delivery too, okay?

H&B
~T~

sklarewc
06-04-2007, 04:29 AM
It will look, from the date of this post, as though it took a very long time to get delivery of the bars, but it didn't really--I knew that Ritchey had to ship them to GottaRideBikes after GottaRide got the order, and then they'd be shipped to me. But once that happened, GottaRide sent me an email to let me know they were on their way, and it took about 4 days for them to get to me. Then I had to install them, and try them out--I took them on a 70 mile ride yesterday, and what a difference! They're wonderful bars, well worth waiting for!