PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Cure anyone?

CycleChic06
05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I signed up to ride the Tour de Cure in Gloucester, MA in June. Anyone else planning on riding this?

I'm a bit nervous, I've signed up for the 60mile ride and I'm def. not up to that yet this season. I rode 40miles last weekend, and am hoping to do that again this weekend, I hope I can get up to 60 miles at least once before that ride!

Darby361
05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi CC! I am not doing that Tour De Cure, but I am doing the one in North Haven CT on June 10th. We are riding for a great cause! I am doing the 50K. Anyone else doing North Haven?
Trish

Cella66
05-11-2007, 05:27 AM
I am from Gloucester but I live in Maine now (my heart is still there tho) Anyway, I am doing the Bar Harbor tour on the 20th. I also signed up for the 100k and hoping that I can do it. I am quite nervous actually as I have never ridden that far. But hey, what is the worse that could happen?

:p

lisa_b
05-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I will be riding in the Tour de Cure in New York-anyone else? Its a cause close to my heart as my sister has had diabetes since the age of two. Hope everyone is raising lots of money!

HillSlugger
05-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm doing the 50 miler in Stillwater, NY on June 10

CycleChic06
05-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I am from Gloucester but I live in Maine now (my heart is still there tho) Anyway, I am doing the Bar Harbor tour on the 20th. I also signed up for the 100k and hoping that I can do it. I am quite nervous actually as I have never ridden that far. But hey, what is the worse that could happen?

:p

Cella, I wish you were riding the one in Gloucester, we could ride together, sounds like we're in the same boat as far as distance goes!

I went out for my first long ride of the year yesterday, figuring 30 miles wouldn't be bad, I was exahuasted after the ride. Now I'm really wondering if I can do the 100K in a few weeks!

Good luck with your ride, let me know how you do.

Cella66
05-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Cella, I wish you were riding the one in Gloucester, we could ride together, sounds like we're in the same boat as far as distance goes!

I went out for my first long ride of the year yesterday, figuring 30 miles wouldn't be bad, I was exahuasted after the ride. Now I'm really wondering if I can do the 100K in a few weeks!

Good luck with your ride, let me know how you do.

Oh Cycle, I wish we could do this together also! I don't have anyone to ride with regularly, let alone with this daunting ride. (I fear I am too slow for the weekly rides around here) But we just have to remember that this is for a good cause and will be an amazing ride regardless!

We can do this!

cschutz
05-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Hello all!

I had been bumming since last night because it was the first cruddy weather we've had in over a week (which means I had been spoiled for a good 10 days!), and I was not able to ride when I had been looking forward to it all day at work!

So, on a complete impulsive whim, I just signed up for the 100K Tour de Cure in Gloucester ride (I live in Newburyport)! I am getting a great rush from having simply signed up... this will be my first ever "organized" ride. This is really my first year road riding "seriously" (I define "seriously" as riding at least 5 times per week, wearing tight, padded cycling shorts and the rest of my cycling garb in public, and falling asleep every night with Bicycling magazine or my bike repair book across my face!).

Now I just have to solicit for sponsors :p It should be fairly easy, because I work in a family medical practice... and we have quite a few patients with diabetes, so I may leave a little poster at the front desk. And I'm sure all of my co-workers will support me :)

Had to share my excitement!

Katie

Cella66
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I signed up to ride the Tour de Cure in Gloucester, MA in June. Anyone else planning on riding this?

I'm a bit nervous, I've signed up for the 60mile ride and I'm def. not up to that yet this season. I rode 40miles last weekend, and am hoping to do that again this weekend, I hope I can get up to 60 miles at least once before that ride!

How did you make out? Please share!