PDA

View Full Version : Painful cyst, had it drained . . .

HappyAnika
05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Let me just say OW! :eek: :eek: :eek: Warning, this may be TMI.

So I went on an easy ride Saturday morning, 24 miles, nothing out of the ordinary. About half way through I was having some pain in the crotch . . .I'd been meaning to make a saddle adjustment but kept forgetting. It hadn't been bothering me that much until this ride. At the turn around I made the adjustment to my saddle and the ride home was fine. I'll mention at this point I was wearing a tampon, and in retrospect I think the string may have been rubbing in the wrong place. The rest of Saturday I felt fine and thought nothing of it.

Sunday around midday I noticed I was getting sore and had some swelling. I figured maybe I'd rubbed too much and it would just go away. Monday the pain was worsening, but I couldn't see anything wrong other than the swelling. By the end of the day I could barely sit and decided I'd get into the doctor Tuesday. The pain kept waking me up that night and by Tuesday morning it had developed into a sharper pain in one spot. I got an appointment with the gyn PA, she took one look and was like "Oh, yep, there's a cyst". She went and got the doc because she wasn't sure what to do about it. They said they could drain it with a needle which would hurt, or I could wait a few days and hope it drained on its own. I opted for the draining since the pain was already constant no matter if I was sitting, standing, laying down. Holy crap did that hurt! I don't really know which names belong to which parts, but it wasn't near the vaginal opening, it was more up front, next to the clitoris. To have a needle poked in there and the doc squeezing on THE most sensitive part of my body . . . I was shaking from the pain for a while afterward, I just went home and rested, called in sick to work. Ow, ow, ow, ow . . . :(

Its feeling better today, but now I'm wondering when I can ride again. The doc just said whenever it feels better. My best friend's wedding is in the mountains this weekend, DH and I were planning to take the bikes and get a ride in. The weekend after that is a metric century in the mountains. The place where the cyst was isn't really where the saddle contacts since it was so far forward, but I think at this point it would still hurt to be on the bike. I searched through other posts on sores and cysts, but I didn't see anything like this, where it showed up all of a sudden and was drained right away. Anyone had anything similar? How long till you were back on the bike?

(I'm off to read the threads on the diva cup).

mimitabby
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
why don't you just take your bike for a spin around the block?
as soon as you can do that, you are probably fine since it's not something you sit on.
what a story!

HappyAnika
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Mimi, I did just that this morning. I actually was thinking I'd be up for it yesterday, but didn't have the time. This morning I rode up and down my street a few times, and that felt ok, so I ventured out further. Ended up doing 8 miles with no pain, just nervousness. So I think I'm good to go for my mountain ride tomorrow.