PDA

View Full Version : Hope everyone got out today!

Susan126
05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
What a gorgeous day! I hope everyone got out and enjoyed all the sunshine and warm temps! I sure did! In fact I have been riding a lot these past weeks. I did the Tulip Pedal (rainy and cold but fun), the Daffodil Classic GREAT RIDE, 4 Hours of Adrenalin mountain bike event, and getting out whenever I can with hubby and friends for rides. Today after work I rushed home, dressed, got my road bike out and rode my bike through the backroads and country side of Bonney Lake and Buckley. Wow, Mt. Rainier was looking stunning! I shot some pictures with my cell phone's camera. They came out pretty good. Here they are . . . from this afternoon's ride:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/Daily%20Rides/rainier.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/Daily%20Rides/rainier02.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/Daily%20Rides/rainier03.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/Daily%20Rides/rainier04.jpg

Anyone else have a super great ride today?

Sue

KnottedYet
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes!

I took a Kona Smoke for a test ride along the B-G and into the UW campus. Got to see Mt. Rainier. (nice pictures you got!) Loved the bike, and bought it. (well, traded in an older bike of SKnots and some parts and paid some $$ for it)

Gorgeous day!

Susan126
05-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Yes!

I took a Kona Smoke for a test ride along the B-G and into the UW campus. Got to see Mt. Rainier. (nice pictures you got!) Loved the bike, and bought it. (well, traded in an older bike of SKnots and some parts and paid some $$ for it)

Gorgeous day!

Hey hey hey . . . A new bike!!!! :D Super! And the summer ahead of you for riding it! Awesome! I have not been here regularly of late. Started biking a lot now that the weather is getting nice. I'll have to try and remember to drop by occassionally! Any pictures Knotted? :rolleyes: Would love to see your new Kona Smoke!!!! Enjoy! Hey today looks like a repeat of yesterday! You know what I will be doing as soon as I'm off work (which is 2:30 for me!!!) One of the benefits when you work at a middle school! And soon . . . summer break! Wooooo Hoooooo!

oxysback
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
It was a gorgeous day here in the Portland area as well. I did a different route with a lot of rolling hills, so the last thing on my mind was taking pictures. But the sky was oh so blue and beautiful!

I miss seeing Ranier. We lived in Tacoma for 10 years before moving here, and lemme tell ya, some of the views of that mountain are just breathtaking!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

mimitabby
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
nice pictures! I'm bike commuting so i am joining in SOME of the fun

Eden
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey Seattle and surrounding area gals - its another great day here in the PNW. If you've ever thought you might want to wet your toes in the racing scene Tuesday nights at Pacific Raceways (down near Auburn) there is a Women's circuit series. It's run on a completely closed course - since its a car racing track on other days and there are two categories - not only cat 4, but a complete beginner one too - for people who have never raced. I'm going down to be a mentor tonight, though I will probably be with the junior boys again.
If you are at all interested the race starts at 6:30, but I would suggest being there at no later than 5:45/6:00 to get registered/changed and warm up once or twice around the track.
for more info http://www.buduracing.com/events_detail.php?e=190

Susan126
05-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Me . . . race? :eek: But I think it would be fun to watch! I'll check out the link and maybe some Tuesday night I will stop by and watch!

teigyr
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Would love to watch! I think racing would be dangerous for the others, I still unclip when I corner sometimes :o

It was so beautiful today! I was going to ride 25 miles and extended it to 30 just because.

Knotted, I was also on the BG to the Sammamish River Trail! I left from Matthews Beach at noon. Maybe we saw each other in passing :D

Susan126, I will have to check out riding down there. It looks SO incredibly beautiful! It looks like there aren't many cars either.

Today truly was perfect!

Susan126
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Teigyr, there are many quiet back roads down here. This summer, when I am off, I will post some rides. If anyone would like to join me please do! I have a few favorite routes that I just love! :)

Starfish
05-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow, you guys, I can't believe your weather in Seattle. Over here in PA, we have had HOWLING winds all day long. Serious, yucky, gusty, knock-out-power and make cyclists go home and cry winds.

Eden, does that beginner series have beginning TTs?

teigyr
05-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Susan126, yes I would love that! I long for those kind of roads and riding in scenery as opposed to putting miles on the bike. I am definitely interested :D

aka_kim
05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm here in Seattle for a conference this week and it's beautiful! What's with all these previous complaints about rain and cold - you mean it's not always this way here? :p

Eden
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, you guys, I can't believe your weather in Seattle. Over here in PA, we have had HOWLING winds all day long. Serious, yucky, gusty, knock-out-power and make cyclists go home and cry winds.

Eden, does that beginner series have beginning TTs?

that series is just circuit races - there are several TT's left in the season and anyone can feel free to race them - no experience necessary since its just you and the clock. To find the entire Washington schedule go to www.wsbaracing.com
Of course anyone who wants to sign up can race any race - I just wouldn't recommend it..

Starfish
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
that series is just circuit races - there are several TT's left in the season and anyone can feel free to race them - no experience necessary since its just you and the clock.

Thanks! I know nothing about racing...didn't know what a circuit race was!

I have always thought about wanting to try TTs.