PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS / PC / MB question

kelownagirl
05-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I just bought a Garmin Edge 305 (similar to the Forerunner but for bikes). I love it BUT, until I upgrade my Mac system software, I have to use DH's PC to use the Trainign Center software that came with it. I havwe two questions.

1. How do I upload data from the Training Centre software to Motion-Based? I have tried loggin in the MB and then going to upload, but I don't know how to find the file on DH's PC. It's not as straightforward as a Mac. I went into the folder when the Garmin software is, but nothing seems to be the right thing. Any suggestons?

2. Is there a way to shut off the automatically upload as soon as the garmin is attached to the computer? I thought maybe I could just upload to MB directly from the Garmin but it uploads to the PC as soon as I connect it.

Thanks!

Barb

maillotpois
05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
you need to download the "motion based agent" from MB. then when you tell MB agent to "sync", it pulls the rides still on the device onto MB.

kelownagirl
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Aah, thank you!

EDIT: It works! I love this!!

bike4ever
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
kelownagirl - I downloaded the Mac options from Garmin and am currently running it on my Mac. I do not have an Intel Mac as their directions suggested. The program is working fine for me.

kelownagirl
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I only have OS 10.3.9 Do you have 10.4 Tiger? I am considering upgrading but Leopard is coming out in the fall and I really do want to wait.

I have managed to upload the data onto DH's computer and then upload it to MB. Then I can view it on my Mac for now.

Let me know you're OS and I will try it anyway. I couldn't get Training Centre to run on my Mac...

bike4ever
05-08-2007, 03:40 AM
My Mac is currently 10.4.9. I do know Mac's only work on the Motion Based website through Safari - not Firefox. I haven't used that website yet since uploading the information onto my computer is enough for me.

kelownagirl
05-08-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah, as long as you have 10.4, you're ok. I need to upgrade to Tiger. But I'm trying to wait until Leopard comes out. Plus I need more RAM. Oh well. Maybe a new comptuer is in store. :)

SouthernBelle
05-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Have any of you tried any of the other softwares that are compatible with GPS? I've dl'd SportsTrack, but haven't had much time to play with it.

I do like MB. Their FAQs and online instructions need updating. But the forum has been useful in that regard.

Luvs her toys,

maillotpois
05-08-2007, 06:52 AM
:) Oh good - glad it worked! I wasn't at a "real" computer when I responded, or I would have given you a link or something.