PDA

View Full Version : Medical Hypnotherapy

Tuckervill
05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Anyone here ever tried hypnosis, or more accurately, medical hypnotherapy?

A friend of mine and her husband and daughter all went to Arizona to visit a specific hypnotherapist to stop smoking. A three hour visit and none of them have had a cigarette, nor a craving for 4 weeks. I was so impressed with how wonderful my friend looked, and how well it worked (they were all heavy smokers), that I'm considering the same person to help me with weight loss.

It's surprisingly hard to find good understanding of hypnotherapy online--I haven't moved on to books, yet, but I have a list. I believe I'm already capable of self-hypnosis, but I want to go deeper.

Any thoughts? I'd especially like to hear from someone who's tried it for weight loss.

Karen

Deja Vu
05-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi Karen!

I have not tried this for weight loss... not that I should not!:o

Yet, I have been researching hypnotherapy and NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming) recently.

I had contacted a hypnotherapy "Federation," too.

There are so many sources of information, it's difficult to sift through all of it!

I do know my MIL did hypnotherapy for weight loss and ... wow! She is the thinnest and the most healthy she has been since I have known her (20 years or so.) It seems the therapy held, after a few sessions, she has now gone 3 years without more sessions?

I am aware of a nurse who does all types of medical hynotherapy. Her website might help you with information? She does all types of hypnotherapy.
Her name is Seth-Deborah (first name) and her site: hypnotherapyfor health.com I do not know her. I have been looking at her site, though.

I have just purchased a biking hypnotherapy CD for my hubby. He love it! This is called: The Ultimate Cyclist. It is very professsionally done by Dr. Rick Collingwood, PhD. (Ultimate Sports Psychology) This guy's voice is amazing!!! (we think it must be synthesized?)

I cannot recall the site, but if you can find it with this information, it would be worth it! You can sample on the site.

Collingwood does CDs for many issues, from sports performance to weight loss, depression, anxiety, sleeping, etc.

Good luck with this!;)

Deja Vu
05-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Again Karen,

I can find the Collingwood stuff under: ultimatesportspsychology.com
Again, he does CDs for all types of issues. You should hear the "theta" sound on this and his voice. If you go to the site, you can sample the cycling CD. Turn the volume up to where it is good for you! This is just a sample of one of the many types of hypnotherapy.

Good luck!:)