PDA

View Full Version : Job Opening at Team Estrogen

Susan Otcenas
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
We have an immediate opening for a full-time employee in the very busy shipping department at our new warehouse in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Primary responsibilities will include:
Pick and process outbound customer orders.
Balance credit card receipts daily
Maintain adequate levels of shipping supplies
Assist in processing inbound inventory during low seasons or when order processing is finished, as needed. Maintain order in the warehouse. Other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth operation of the office.

The ideal candidate:
*has a keen interest in bicycling, triathlon or running and is enthusiastic about selling and wearing technical, sport-specific apparel.
*thrives in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
*is detailed-oriented, enjoys a varied work environment and is able to multi-task effectively
*has some flexibility during peak seasons (mid-summer, November/December shopping season). Neither evenings nor weekends are required, but willingness to work some weekday overtime during crunch periods is appreciated.
*has general proficiency in Word/Excel and is comfortable learning new/unfamiliar computer tasks
*possesses solid basic math skills
*has a pleasant speaking voice and is comfortable speaking on the phone

Benefits:

In addition to a standard benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick days, health insurance, and a basic retirement plan, TE offers numerous benefits of particular interest to athletes including:

*secure indoor bike parking with showers and gear storage facilities
*generous employee purchase discounts on apparel.
*A bike commuting incentive program that rewards employees with free apparel, based on bike commuting %.
*Trimet subsidy
*very casual work environment

Compensation $10 per hour to start

Please send a resume and letter of interest via email to susan@teamestrogen.com

Tri Girl
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Awww... I so wish I lived in Oregon. I would LOVE to work at TE- you all make my life so happy, it would be great to work for such a great company.
Please build a warehouse in Oklahoma City.... ;)

Dianyla
05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
*A bike commuting incentive program that rewards employees with free apparel, based on bike commuting %.

This job's a little ;) out of my skillset, but I had to pop in and say that this is by far the coolest job perk I think I've ever seen. :)

Susan Otcenas
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks! We think it's pretty cool too. And it *is* motivational. We don't run it all year long, and commuting % is definitely higher during the "on" months than during the "off" months. :)

Best,

Susan

Wahine
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
If I commuted in from the Gorge everyday on my bike and the commuting program worked on a per mile basis... That's about 120 miles per day. By my calculations that works out to a lot of free gear. It might be worth quiting my PT job.

But winters would be tough.:eek:

suzieqtwa
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
The job sounds great ...but Im new to biking ,and I dont think I have as much knowledge as you require. :( I live in Beaverton, about a 20 mile commute.

LBTC
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Suzie, I think you should send a resume in if you're interested! From what I've seen, you're enthusiastic enough to learn anything!

This really is a cool sounding opportunity! I would be sending DH to apply for it if the commute were not a few thousand miles....;)

H&B
~T~

Wahine
05-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Suzie - send in your resume, you've got nothing to lose.

teigyr
05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Definitely send in your resume! I'd do it if I could...though a commute from Seattle would be harsh. Sounds like a fantastic and supportive work environment :)

Kitsune06
05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Suzie- I don't think it's as much a matter of hands-on bikewrenching, chain cleaning or bike computer calibration as it is just having a sincere passion for the concept and a willingness to help TE flourish as a company. Everything this board really represents- encouragement, compassion, support, the commonalities that bring all us biker chicks together- despite how different we all can be. :D
TE's one of those companies that says "You can do it- and we can help!"
I think you should apply. Bycycle.org might be able to come up with a nice route- I think you'd take Millikan to Walker, just follow it north and west through northern Hillsboro. The area's pretty conducive to biking once you get past Murray Hill- just very, very gentle rollers, trees, and some open fields, especially in the Rock Creek area. 20 mi? I live off Hall and Scholl's in Portland/Tigard/Beavertron and it's 12mi give or take some- you're further west, but maybe further south, too. I'd think the distance would be close to the same...

Kimmyt
05-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Wouldn't it be great to work at a place that actually UNDERSTOOD riding your bike into work??

Running Mommy
05-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Your KILLING me!! Don't you want to open an oupost in sunny AZ??!!:D

And Suzie- GET OUT OF YOUR COMFY BOX AND APPLY!!! :)

Kitsune06
05-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey now.... Suzie will make her move if that's what she really wants- chill guys. :cool:

suzieqtwa
05-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Susan, I sent a very basic resume to you. I don't know if I'm what your looking for ,or if you even filled the position yet.
Suzie

Kitsune06
05-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Woo! Good luck, Suzie!

Trek420
05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Awww... I so wish I lived in Oregon. I would LOVE to work at TE- you all make my life so happy, it would be great to work for such a great company.
Please build a warehouse in Oklahoma City.... ;)

And put a store and/or call center in CA :D

Jo-n-NY
05-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Better yet...how about TE here on the east coast, like Long Island!!!!

~ JoAnn

Pax
05-09-2007, 05:53 AM
I vote for one in Chicago (I know Champaign is too small)! Every store out there is starting to have "WE KNOW WOMENS BIKES" front and center on their web pages and ads...TE can actually walk this walk.

Kitsune06
05-09-2007, 07:39 AM
We need a Champagne-Banana TE though... :p

Geonz
05-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Hey, if it was online/mail order Shampoo-Banana wouldn't be too small.

IFjane
06-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Did anyone from here (TE boards) get this job?

suzieqtwa
06-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I sent in a resume about a week after the job was posted. They had already hired someone.

mimitabby
06-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Sorry you didn't get the job, Suzie,

so when's the big announcement?

IFjane
06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I sent in a resume about a week after the job was posted. They had already hired someone.

Don'tcha hate it when that happens? It has happened to me before, too, and I KNOW I was perfect for the job :eek: .

So....what Mimi said.....when is the announcement?

Python
06-23-2007, 04:13 PM
(Sigh). Shame I live in England or I would have applied for it:cool:

mimitabby
06-25-2007, 10:16 AM
since no one is making the announcement, I understand it is Kitsune who got this job.

IFjane
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
since no one is making the announcement, I understand it is Kitsune who got this job.

Really??? Congratulations Kit!!!

Thanks for the update, mimi! :)

Geonz
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Welp, they still need to open an outlit (hmmm... think I'll keep the typo :) ) in Champbana; perhaps as a wing on Champaign Cycle... yea, and develop products for commuters - like turn signals! I'd provide consulting and reviews for free ;) :D

bikerchic
10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I keep coming back here hoping there is another job opening, maybe for the holiday shopping rush?

:)

KnottedYet
10-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I heard there was another opening. Try PMing Susan directly?

Dianyla
10-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I keep coming back here hoping there is another job opening, maybe for the holiday shopping rush?
I saw at least one one opening being advertised on BikePortland the other day...

http://bikeportland.org/cats/jobs

bikerchic
10-21-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm checking it out now and polishing up my resume!

Wish me luck!