PDA

View Full Version : Smart Release vs non-Smart Release

Solitaire
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I own a fitness center and am going to add spin classes. My question is: Which is most preferred, Smart Release Spin Bikes or Non-Smart Release. The person I spoke with at Star Trac recommended non-SR, while my Spin Instructor really thought Smart Release spin bikes were safer. Since I am new to spinning, I have only tried a SR spin bike. I would really appreciate any feed back on both SR and non-SR spin bikes. Thank you!!!

Raindrop
05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Are you going to be a Spinning facility or an Indoor cycling facility? If you aren't going to be a Spinning facility, check out the new M3 Keiser bikes. They are much, much nicer than any other weighted-flywheel bike out there. Plus, you can get them equipped with a power meter. It's a huge step forward for indoor cycling.

Zen
05-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not familiar with the term "smart release"

Is this for a pedal option or a feature on the spin bike that I'm unfamiliar with?

I do spin but have never heard this term.

spinchck
05-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I would highly recommend against the SR system. Unless you have near-perfect pedal stroke it is in not an easy bike to ride. You have to increase resistance heavier to climb standing, and if you are tired, forget it. Hope this helps.....