PDA

View Full Version : Any Portland Tandem Teams....?

Mocha Mom
07-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Anyone in the Portland area ride a tandem? We moved here about a year ago and have yet to really get out and ride much. :) We were at the NWTR in Lacey, WA this year and had a great time! We have 3 kids that we tow along behind us (tandem, piccolo, trailer), so we don't go very fast, unless it's downhill... HA!

Anyone have some good rides for us? We live in the N. Portland area so, the closer to that the better for us. But, we're willing to pack up the "train" and go somewhere too. :D

Veronica
07-31-2004, 05:19 AM
You guys need a quint! We saw one at the 2003 NWTR. We didn't go to this year's. Too far to drive in one day and we didn't have the time to spread it out over two.

Can't help you with ride routes, but I think it's so cool to see families out with their kids riding!

V.

Mocha Mom
07-31-2004, 08:56 AM
We've been wondering what the next few years will hold for us and tandeming... right now we have a 5 year old, 3 year old and 7 month old. So, we'll be pulling the trailer for a bit more... but, our 3 year old will be ready to get up and pedal soon I'm sure! But, so far he's content to hang out in the trailer and keep little sister company. :)

fitchelle
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
We're new to tandeming, but at least I know we won't look so crazy when we hook up the dog trailer behind the tandem!
You may want to check out www.portlandtandemclub.org
Have fun!