PDA

View Full Version : Commuting Contest

limewave
05-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Our LBS is having a Commute to Work contest this summer! They are even giving away a Giant bike to the winner. I think this is such a great idea. I wish I could participate, but I work at home most days and when I don't, it's a 80 mile commute one way. I'm hoping they might change it to Commute to work or errands contest :D

nicole309
05-01-2007, 08:03 AM
They are having one of those contests in this area as well. I have a similar problem in that it goes by mileage. I only live one mile from my office. If it went by dedication I would win for sure as I have taken my bike to work every day since I bought it. (Why wouldn't I?)

GLC1968
05-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh man, I wish we had something like that around here! My commute is long enough to rack up the miles, but short enough to do it every day (if I was better about motivation). A contest would really get me going!

Maybe I'll suggest one at my LBS - I'd LOVE to see more people commuting here besides just me! :)

mimitabby
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
well, May is the Commute to work challenge month in many places. My team the Bonzo Bikers is composed of me and 7 coworkers and DH! (he's my secret weapon)
we are in a direct competition with the group across the street. the Aeroheads.

We won't be winning any prizes but it is fun.

Trek420
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
there's a commute contest in the Bay Area, CA. Groups of 5 riders. Details on

www.511.org