PDA

View Full Version : Favorite saddle.

mukluk
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
So ladies, what is your favorite saddle?

Starfish
04-28-2007, 06:36 PM
So far, my favorite saddles are my Specialized Body Geometry road and mountain bike saddles. Don't recall the name of the mtn saddle. The road saddle is the Jett 155.

mimitabby
04-28-2007, 06:50 PM
My brooks B67
http://hiawathacyclery.com/cart/images/IMG_0524_500.jpg

:D :D

VeloVT
04-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Right now, Fizik Arione. Have test-ridden (on a bike I was test riding) Selle Italia SLR and liked it too.

I've found that I need a saddle that is absolutely dead flat from tip to tail, but that is convex (turns downward) from center to edge. Additionally I like saddles that are firm and not too wide, and have a nice narrow, longish nose (I bought a cheap Selle San Marco -- SKN -- which basically fit that profile and was pretty comfortable too). I like the length of the Arione, and I like the transition from the nose to the back, it's very gradual and smooth so I don't feel like I'm "running into" a sudden flare in the back (as I sometimes did with the SKN).

Oh -- and I've had bad luck with cutouts. Surprisingly saddles without cutouts that meet the above criteria don't create undue pressure for me.

SadieKate
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
So ladies, what is your favorite saddle?Favorite saddle for what? Road racing? mtb racing? Triathlons? Time Trials? You're in the racing section, so I assume it isn't general recreational riding.

mukluk
05-05-2007, 04:42 AM
I hadn't thought it out that far. I was thinking of your favorite saddle for road riding/races. This is the newbie question, do you use a different saddle on a time trial or tri bike? I suppose that could make sense given the different position. Right now I have one bike that I will be using for all road riding including time trials. I am planning to get aerobars for it but I am going to go with the profile jammer bars as they don't require making any major adjustments to the bike.