PDA

View Full Version : Bontrager WSD Race X-Lite

annie
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I seem to recall threads about hating Bontrager women's saddles? If so, I must have weird ladies parts! 'Cause I love this saddle! I got one last year as a replacement saddle on one bike, and bought another this year for another bike. I've done some shorter and longer rides on it so far, and I have no complaints. It fits so well. Somewhat narrow, so my legs don't rub on the edges. No cut-out, a preference of mine. Minimal padding, which I am very partial to, so nothing to sink into and get mushy. A very nice, firm platform to push against while pedaling. Very efficient. Ti rails, so light as a feather.

I know we're all diff as to what fits and what doesn't. Just wanted to share my experience with this saddle. Maybe there's someone else who is looking for something similar.

Annie

kabewyou
06-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Annie: I am with you; love this saddle for all the same reasons - just told a friend about it.

Zen
06-26-2007, 08:03 PM
The saddle that came on my Trek was Bontrager Select FIT Basic, a stock saddle.
The horror, the horror!
Maybe a higher end model wouldn't have been so bad.

annie
06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
The saddle that came on my Trek was Bontrager Select FIT Basic, a stock saddle.
The horror, the horror!
Maybe a higher end model wouldn't have been so bad.

I don't know what the FIT Basic saddle is like. Could well be shaped differently than the Race X Lite. I know many basic, stock saddles for women do not work for me, either. They tend to be to wide and too soft.

What did you end up finding, Zen, that you like?

Annie

brok
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
My bike came with the Race Lite FIT Lux - don't know how that compares to the other, but I too love this saddle - like others have said, long ride, short ride, no complaints from any of the "parts":D

Eden
06-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I haven't ever had a Bonty - but my favorite saddle a Jett makes it onto the most hated saddles often too.. It does have a cutout - I get numbness without one, but what it does have in common with yours is the firmness. Its not really padded much if at all and I like that - I think a lot of people prefer a little more squish?

cinnamon_toast
06-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I have some form of this saddle on my Trek 2100 (not a WSD, just a unisex) and I LOVE it! For whatever reason, it works really well for me.

What part of IA are you from? I spent four of the best years of my life in a little town called Grinnell.:)

Zen
06-27-2007, 06:54 PM
What did you end up finding, Zen, that you like?

Annie

Terry Falcon X
I got lucky, it fits grrrrrATE!

wonderwoman
07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm interested in trying the Race X Lite Fit. Does anyone know the dimensions of this saddle? I know I need at least 155mm width. Is there a cutout in the shell? I've had problems with cutouts/holes, but not with saddles with just an open area in the shell, covered with foam and the top cover.