PDA

View Full Version : Ride in Seattle area weekend of 4/28-29??

Xrayted
04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
hey Seattle ladies... Kit and I wanted to head up to your area this coming weekend for some riding. If anyone is interested, please speak up. Mtb or road would be ok. We are not sure of a route, so we shall leave that up to the experts in the area. Mimi suggested a ride on Sunday the 29th.

I hope to meet some of you very soon. :D

Thanks,

X.

mimitabby
04-24-2007, 02:02 PM
hoping it's on pavement or I can't come!
how many miles do people want to do ? 30? want some hills?

Kitsune06
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
30ish sounds fine, pavement sounds great :) I loved the redhook route- my only change to that would be probably bringing more weather-adequate gear along :rolleyes:

Mimi- any ideas on where we should stay over the weekend?

Trek420
04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Knott, What are we doing Sunday? Something to do with a bassoon or coffee and bikes or what are we doin'? And Knott this is a family board ;)

Kitsune06
04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
*snorks soda through nose, laughs, eeks, hacks, sputters- coworkers all look up* :o ;) :p :rolleyes:

KnottedYet
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Our Sunday is pretty booked. (coffee and bassoon, dear) We have Monday open until about 2:30 p.m.

Xrayted
04-25-2007, 08:07 AM
How's about Saturday too? I'd love to ride 2 days in a row if anyone can make it then. Otherwise, we will just push it back to the next weekend instead. All ideas are welcome. Also, we need the name of some nearby towns so we can look up a hotel for Sat night. (I am soon going to be working every weekend so we are trying to get away for as many rides as we can now. Thanks for your help.) :D

teigyr
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
What're your town requirements? What do you like being around? I take it you're driving so you don't need public transport? What about price range?

We'll be riding on sunday! I think we have to do distance (ie about 50) and we're probably going to go on the Burke-Gilman to the 520 trail then back. That can be subject to change though and if there are pub plans, count us in!!! Mmmmm, pub. As long as it's close to the end of the ride (if not after) because I think I will need beer.

Jane

Kitsune06
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.beersightings.com/uploaded_images/beer-783448.jpg
Beer?

oh yes. There must be beer. Perfect recovery drink. :D

mimitabby
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
What're your town requirements? What do you like being around? I take it you're driving so you don't need public transport? What about price range?

We'll be riding on sunday! I think we have to do distance (ie about 50) and we're probably going to go on the Burke-Gilman to the 520 trail then back. That can be subject to change though and if there are pub plans, count us in!!! Mmmmm, pub. As long as it's close to the end of the ride (if not after) because I think I will need beer.

Jane

Jane, your Sunday ride sounds like a good plan, if i can just keep up with you! and if the pub was at the end, then I could just bail there.

teigyr
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Let me know when and where. And Mimi, you could definitely keep up. Keep in mind I haven't ridden over 40 in the past few years so this will be a bit of a challenge. I also want to test out my new gears (fingers crossed, there was a snafu with them last sunday that hopefully got resolved) on a moderate sort of hill. We're not locked into the B-G route either though it seems the easiest for the distance. Another option could be Green River/Interurban? Though the idea of Redhook is definitely appealing :D

mimitabby
04-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Jane, I like the idea of the 520 trail in the middle of it all because I need the hill work. I am getting tired of that hill kicking my butt and green river/interurban is all flat which means WIND which i detest.

I like the length you are proposing as well. Maybe we could start at Gasworks?

Xrayted
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey, as long as someone can give me directions, we are there. As for the beer, I'll be sure to pack my training wheels and a seatbelt. (I'm a cheap date. :o :D)

Anybody for Sat as well? We can get up there by early afternoon. Or maybe you can give us a nice route we could do on our own. I really want to see some of that area. I've never been there before. Thanks.

teigyr
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
So, ride between 8 and 9 on sunday?

Let's hope nobody needs the bad weather gear.

fingers crossed here....hah. I rhymed. No, I didn't get much sleep last night :D

mimitabby
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
yes, that sounds good, leave gasworks at 830am?

Xrayted
04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
That's good for us too. How far are we going and what kind of terrain are we talking? (so I know how to pack :o)

See y'all this weekend! :D :cool: :D

mimitabby
04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Jane and I were thinking about 50 miles. it's mostly flat with a hilly part. The hilly part is challenging.
it's all (or nearly all) trails.

If this weather holds, it should be great.

Xrayted
04-26-2007, 02:18 PM
We'll throw in a pair of rain pants since they are small and be set for the temps/terrain otherwise. I'll bring my camera and a smile. :D I think we at least owe you a lunch or something Mimi. Thanks for your hospitality. It is very much appreciated.
Teigyr - I am looking forward to meeting you as well. See ya Sun morning... Mimi is leading the way so we will actually find the place. :o

teigyr
04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
And the hilly part comes right before the turnaround :D

I'd say to layer because I've been on that trail when it goes from cool to hot to cold to warm. I hope to wear shorts, am not so much of a tights kind of girl.

salsabike
04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Got a tandem date with Chris to do Mercer Island on Sunday, or I'd come along--and maybe our paths will literally cross at some point! If not, next time...

teigyr
04-26-2007, 07:12 PM
salsabike, too bad! Maybe we'll run into you but if not, hopefully another time?

I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone else :D

anorange
04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
This sounds like so much fun. Beats getting up at 5am to get a ride in! I might join you all if the group of friends my family is going to get together with that day can figure out if they are meeting for brunch or dinner. If I do end up riding at 6am I might see you all on my way back. I was going to ride the Burke-Gilman/Sammamish trail from Matthews Beach to Marymoor and maybe do the hill time permitting. It would be way more fun to do it with a bunch of TE'rs.:D

teigyr
04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
YES!!! See if you can make it. If we leave Gasworks at 8:30, we would get to Mathews Beach at, er, sounds way too much like a math problem. I don't think it would take long though and we could meet you up top or go down to the parking lot.

I'll have "you are meeting for dinner!" thoughts for your friends. At the very least though, we will see you in passing. Now back to dinner thoughts :D