PDA

View Full Version : Women's Gear in Victoria?

nicole309
04-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I'll be taking a long weekend in Victoria. Where are the best local places to purchase women's bike apparel?

crazycanuck
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Mountain Equipment Co-op would be a good start.

www.mec.ca

Ahh..Mec & ground effect..:)

C

nicole309
04-23-2007, 08:36 AM
MEC is a good start, but I was hoping that there might be a nice local shop. Something that has a good selection of women's gear that maybe my partner wouldn't know about because he doesn't often shop for women's clothing!!:p
I have been to a few bike shops in Victoria, but I am looking for a place that I might be able to get a closer look at some of the stuff I am seeing online.

crazycanuck
04-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Another thought might be to ask our Popoki Nui who lives in Vic..

Might be worth a shot!

C

Grog
04-25-2007, 07:27 AM
In search of a saddle last year I visited about every bike shop in the Saanich Peninsula and can't remember getting my feet stuck anywhere because of cool women's gear. Maybe Popoki Nui will have a few good hints though...

But do check out the Rapide shorts at MEC. At $52 (CDN!), they beat all of my more expensive shorts (PI Ultrasensor bib, Sugoi Reflex...).

They have them in black and in silvery grey this year, quite cool.

nicole309
04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, thanks for the help. Sounds like Victoria just might not be the place.
I will check out the shorts however. I'll definately be stopping by MEC tomorrow and a few other places. I'm excitied because I have two days to explore while my boyfriend is at work. Friday I plan on riding my bike up to the Buchart Gardens and the Butterfly Garden. Tomorrow is my shopping day. Since I just got into biking I am looking forward to getting some gear. So far all I have is one pair of bike shorts, shoes, and a helmet.....

Popoki_Nui
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Victoria isn't the best place on the planet for women's cycling apparel. Of all the bike shops I visit (or pester:rolleyes: ), Rider's seems to have the best selection with Russ Hay's probably close second. I get most of my things from MEC, however.

~Sherry,