PDA

View Full Version : Bike Virginia

bike4ever
04-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Anyone going to Bike Virginia?

http://www.bikevirginia.org/tours/2007.htm

divingbiker
04-22-2007, 09:02 AM
I looked into this a few weeks ago, and would really like to do it, but my dog sitter isn't available and I haven't attempted to find another one. Are you doing it, bikemom, coming all the way from St. Louis?

bike4ever
04-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I am planning on doing the ride. The woman that was going with me has bailed - but I will still come. I've done this in the past and love the support of the ride. I love visiting the Williamsburg area. I also need to pick up a family friend in Rhoadesville on the way back - he's going with my son to Philmont this summer.

IFjane
04-22-2007, 04:12 PM
bikemom - sorry your cycling buddy has bailed on you. I won't be doing it this year but you know (almost) where to find me! Give me a yell when you are coming to Rhoadesville & we'll meet for a ride - or not! We can just meet if you have had all the riding you want for a while.

Can't wait to meet you! If I have enough notice, maybe I can round up a couple more TE'rs, too.

aicabsolut
04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I was thinking of doing the RFK criterium around that time.

uforgot
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone going to Bike Virginia?

http://www.bikevirginia.org/tours/2007.htm

Wow, have a good time. I'm teaching summer school or would seriously consider it! Maybe next year! I have a friend who just moved to Virginia, so I was planning on making a trip there sometime this summer, just can't be in June...sigh. How long is the drive?

bike4ever
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
If I were to drive straight there it would be about 13.5 hours. I will need to stop in Fredericksburg to drop off a son to visit my brother. I also will be popping by Rhoadesville/Orange to say hello to IFjane. While in Rhoadesville, I will pick up a family friend. I also will hit Roanoke to stay a night with my mom. So in a round about way, I'll be all over the state in a short period of time.

uforgot
04-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Sounds like you are going to have a great time. And so many connections there. I'll have to stop in the shop and ask about where to ride in Virginia before I go! My friend is in Richmond, and I'm trying to get her to step outside spin class and buy a bike. In July my son will be in Norfolk. Yippee! He's currently on an aircraft carrier in the Arabian Sea. I've never been there, but I hear it's a beautiful state with a lot to do! Have fun!

KayTee
04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Although I'm not registering for BVA, SO and I may ride down that way and bandit part of the route on Saturday and/or Sunday (unsupported of course! :) ). We live about 1/2 hour away from Williamsburg and ride in that area fairly frequently and sometimes across the James River in Surry-Smithfield, when we're not riding in the areas outside Richmond. Would love to meet more TE-ers. Bikemom, are you camping or motelling?

bike4ever
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm definitely camping - too cheap to spend for a motel!:p

KayTee
04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Oooh, I bow to you! Moi, I do not camp!

Maybe we can convince IFJ to come down for the weekend, too, and get a TE group together to ride!

bike4ever
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
That would be great. Just let me know where to meet you.

KayTee
04-27-2007, 01:22 PM
We'll be in touch before then. Any other interested TE-ers, c'mon down, too!

IFjane
04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Oooh, I bow to you! Moi, I do not camp!

Maybe we can convince IFJ to come down for the weekend, too, and get a TE group together to ride!

Who is IFJ???? :D :D Of course I'd love to do it!! Let's plan on it - as long as it is not June 9 -10 (MS 150 weekend). What a great idea! Bikemom, we could see each other twice! woooohoooo!!!

Batbike
05-04-2007, 04:17 PM
When is BikeVA? If I can, I would like to come ride with the TE's not actually riding in the BikeVA ... that is what you're planning, right? :confused:

KayTee
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, indeed - it'd be great to have you along, Bat! Here's the BVA link, and I see from the site that registration's full now anyway: http://www.bikevirginia.org/

IFjane
05-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Bat, KayT, bikemom & anyone else planning to crash the party - let's do it!!! Count me in!

KayTee
05-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Let me consult with Wmsbg "local knowledge" about a place we can meet, park, and not be too far from Tent City at the elementary school. I'll get back to y'all in the next couple of weeks. This'll be fun!