PDA

View Full Version : Time to get my butt in gear!

Kimmyt
04-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Now that the spring seems to finally be here to stay, I need to get my butt in gear and get to commuting!

Also, I saw my first ever FEMALE commuter on my ride to work this morning. I always see males. Whoever she was, she got me inspired to start again!

Girls kick butt!

yellow
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I think I usually see about equal numbers of men and women commuting on the route that I use. Though we're still in the cold-ish commuting time, so the overall numbers are still pretty low.

I won't start until the mornings are regularly in the 50s and it's light a little earlier. I've taken to getting in to the office at 6:30 am to get work done before anyone else is there, which means that it's still too cold and dark for my wimpy butt (I'd have to leave at about 5:30 to get to work and get gussied up on time...not happening). I figure by mid-May I should be on the road again. Though I'll probably switch my schedule when it starts to get hot so I can run in the morning before work instead of after, which is what I'm doing now.

(And no, I don't need any advice on clothing or lights. I have lots of both. I am just a big wimp! :p )

sbctwin
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Yellow, I wimped out twice this week (Wed & Thurs). Didn't want to ride in the wet, but this mornings commute was very nice. I like the very early morning hour I ride (4:15am), but do wish it were a tad warmer. Today, it was 44 which was ok, but it is amazing how much nicer it is at 48F. DH picks me up on Fridays usually, because I just don't trust the traffic on Fridays. I have had a sick kitty and today it was a rush to get home, pack up Kallie and get her to the vet for a checkup. My vet is thinking more that she has some serious allergies, but she is doing better. Just can't let her outside. Hey, if you ever have to give your pets (dog & cat) pills, they have the "pill pickets" that make giving your pet pills a snap. She is on a regimine of pills right now and I couldn't do it if there weren't these pill pockets. Anyway, I did feel like a wimp on Wed and Thur....but hey, I try the best I can.