PDA

View Full Version : Tough Cookie Du

luv'nAustin
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
This morning I raced in my first duathlon and it was a hoot. It was held in Copperas Cove, Texas.

It was a sprint distance consisting of a 2k run, 10 mile bike and another 2k run. The run was on a flat walking trail and the ride was on rolling country hills. It was a small race with nearly 100 women racing. Everyone had a great attitude and there was plenty of cheering.

It took me an hour and six minutes to finish the race. I came in second in my age group (45-50) and 14th overall.

My first run was really slow and the second run was even slower! The bike portion was a little easier, but I missed a turn and had to back track at the end of the ride. I was so bummed, these two ladies that I had worked so hard to catch and pass finished before me because of my mistake. Oh well, at least I still finished 4th overall in the bike split.

mountainchick
04-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Congrats! It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself!

SalsaMTB
04-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Congrats! Sounds like you did a great job and had a nice time!

cosc
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Luvnaustin, I'm thrilled to hear you were in a dualathon, close to my growin up territory. Congrats on finishing strong. Mabe someday I'll be back in the area and participate in a bike ride.

luv'nAustin
04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Everyone! It really was fun...especially when it was over and I could relax :D

Hey Cosc, If you are ever in the area look me up...I love to ride and don't do enough of it these days.

Karri

mukluk
04-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Wow you took a wrong turn and still did that well!!! Good for you!!!