PDA

View Full Version : April 29 Ride, Wellesley

DebW
04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
New England Ladies,

We have an excuse to get together and ride, because Triskeliongirl is coming up from Texas and bringing her S&S coupled bike. What works for her is a morning ride on Sunday April 29 leaving from Wellesley College. I agreed to organize, and I used to live in Wellesley, so I can probably figure out a route, but suggestions are also welcome. If you can participate, please post here and let us know your preferences (distance, hills, etc) and time constraints. Hope to see a bunch of you then.

DebW

Imperfectstorm
04-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Please count me in, I live approx 1 mile from the college.

I like to ride down the narrow road which takes you to to rt 16, I think it is "pond road" not sure, I take 16 to Sherbon, a right on 27 to Natick, a right on cottage street that takes you back to 16, and return to Wellesley.

My 2 cents.

Crankin
04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I probably can come, but it would have to be in the AM. Haven't done a lot of riding in that area, but what I've done was in areas with a bit too much traffic for me; I would prefer to stay out of the center of town, etc. I find that the closer you get to Boston, the worse the drivers are. Of course, don't base your route on me. I may have to be testing a route that i am leading the next week on that day, but I am hoping to do that Saturday.
I will PM you at the end of next week.

Robyn

Triskeliongirl
04-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you guys sooo much for organizing this! My daughter is a student at Wellesley and I know they have visitor parking at the college you guys can use. I am very excited about getting to meet you all!

DebW
04-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Does a 9 am meeting time suit everyone? I need to be in northeast Wellesley by 11:30 for a canoe race. I can also do 9:30 if a 1.5 hour ride is long enough for everyone.

Directions to Wellesley College can be found here.

http://www.wellesley.edu/Admin/travel.html

Visitor parking is in the Davis Parking Facility, immediately to the right after the main campus entrance off Rt. 135. Let's meet outside the parking garage, which I believe is in front of the Wang Campus Center. Anyone who knows the area better, please correct me as I've only been there once since Wang was built.

Triskeliongirl
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
9 am sounds great, as does the meeting point. I am looking forward to meeting you guys! Lets just hope the weather cooperates now.

Crankin
04-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Deb and Trisk,
I am not going to be able to make this. I just have too much planned for next weekend. It sounds like fun; take pictures.

Robyn

ChainsOflove
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi Ladies

I live in Wellesley on Washington st. accross from the clock tower. If you all ever want to do another Wellesley/Dover ride, I'd be happy to be hostess, we have parking behind my building because there is a restaurant next door.

I ride alot in Dover, know a few of the back roads. There is also some nice mountain biking at a park called Noanet woodlands.

Something to keep in mind

Joan

Triskeliongirl
04-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Joan- I hope you can you join us on sunday! -e

QUOTE=ChainsOflove;194501]Hi Ladies

I live in Wellesley on Washington st. accross from the clock tower. If you all ever want to do another Wellesley/Dover ride, I'd be happy to be hostess, we have parking behind my building because there is a restaurant next door.

I ride alot in Dover, know a few of the back roads. There is also some nice mountain biking at a park called Noanet woodlands.

Something to keep in mind

Joan[/QUOTE]

ChainsOflove
04-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey Lion Girl
On sunday the 9th I am supporting a racer at the Palmer road race, so I will not be home. I hope it doesn't rain for you guys!

Hopefully another time!

Joan

newfsmith
04-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Hope to be able to join you folks tomorrow morning, I'll be riding over from Norwood, don't wait past 9 for me, it will mean I had a flat. I alway take my time fixing flats.

Triskeliongirl
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Well I am here and the bike is assembled (phew it was tough the first time!) and I am looking forward to meeting everyone! Lets just hope the weather cooperates!