PDA

View Full Version : Ride For Missing Children

Kryn
04-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Hello TEr's. Been lurking, but not posting for a long time. I had a hard time on this ride last year, but decided to gve it a try again and determined to do better! ( I posted about it in this forum quite some time ago-8-10-2005). Briefly, we raise money for posters of missing children. These are the posters that you might see at a mini-mart, truck stop, or local store. Please see the links below for more information.

But oh man....it's snowing (hard) and we ride on May 18! It has been a long road leading up to this ride this year. Lengthy bout of very bad anemia, surgery for fibroids two weeks ago. I haven't been outside except for a brief foray when it started to sleet on me!

I've been working with a coach, and riding the trainer since January, but no terrain down there. I'm nervous. :eek:

Anyone got any great come from behind stories to encourage me with ?:)

Kryn
05-11-2007, 08:13 AM
The Ride for Missing Children is a week away today. Buffalo is holding their inaugural Ride for Missing Children today...good luck you guys!

I am holding my own. No one had any advice to offer, so I just kept riding! That's all you can do, right? I've ridden about 35 miles on my longest ride, and am feeling much stronger, but those hills....ugh! This is our hilliest course yet, but once we're up, it's all downhill for about the last 50 miles to home!:D

If anyone would care to make a donation to the ride, the money goes to raise posters of missing children. Twenty-five cents = one poster. The link below is to my blog, the money will go to the local center. Thank you.

Any help is appreciated, but I know you'll be with me in spirit next week! :)

www.averygoodwitch.com

Kryn
05-14-2007, 12:58 PM
62 mile training ride on Saturday y'all. I came from behind! I think that's a metric century! Close enough.

Then to top it off 30 miles on Sunday.

I'm not riding today:D

The Ride is Friday.
My best wishes to all of you who are training for your own rides.

Zen
05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I went to the website you linked but don't see where to make a donation ???

Kryn
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
If you go to my A Very Good Witch site, there is a tip jar on the right hand side below the list of recent posts.

Thanks for trying!

The site for the ride does have a place for donations, but you can't donate to a specific rider that way, only to the cause itself, which is still a great idea, but doesn't go toward my commitment. Since I'm a bit short still and the ride is Friday, every little bit helps!

Thanks again for trying.:)

Darby361
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey Kryn! I grew up in Central NY. Last time I was home, my family and I saw a training ride going on for the Missing Children Ride. It gave me chills. I made a donation to your goodwitch site, I hope it worked. Ride on girl! Great cause!
Trish

Jo-n-NY
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi Kryn,

I am sorry, I just saw your post. I am curious to know how the ride went. If you rode in Utica/Rome, my cousin rode that ride both this year and last. If you would like I will post her name. Maybe you know her. let me know.

~JoAnn